1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Shike, May 13, 2015.

1. ALLHSS

ALLHSS Loaded Pockets

Boy's Life is a magazine about and for the boy scouts and scouting. Girl's Life is for selling fashion and makeup.

2. Gary Lee Duncan

Gary Lee Duncan Loaded Pockets

Agent provocateurs frequently encountered on forums. This is why I rarely post on forums these days. I'm totally sick of being baited and bashed for participating in online discussions.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  3. Shike

Shike Loaded Pockets

People that try to get more $ for a used beat up item than it cost new. Example:
    For sale 5.11 Rush 12. Used for a while and it shows. Couple of tears but plenty of life left. Asking $120.00 + 10.00 shipping.

There is a boat load of them on E bay for around $90.00 New with free shipping. Do they think people are stupid? And then you know what happens?????? The most annoying part............Bump! Bump! Bump! Bump! every day for weeks on end.

Gary Gross likes this.
  4. Zoop

Zoop Loaded Pockets

There still is need for this topic, Shike!

First:
    [​IMG]

Second: endless discussions with my adolescent son about things like Nr 1
    Third: reruns of Home Alone on Christmas eve
    Fourth: when I talk to neighbours about their cat mistreating my garden as it's latrine and they reply 'That's just the wild animal inside a cat, you can't change it...' While instead they mean 'I don't give a rat's *ss about your problems with my cat'
    Fifth: when at the cinema, people who can't quit criticizing the movie or even worse, using their phones during the movie
    Sixth: canvassers
    Seventh: people in public transport who fart just before they get out of the vehicle

Shike likes this.
  5. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

Zoop, what is a canvasser? Is that someone who sells stuff door to door? If so, I'm with you on that. No, we don't need you to do our siding or roof, they're perfectly fine and if they did need fixing, we'd do it ourselves, thank you very much.

And yes, I hate the neighbor's cat who thinks our property is his property too. Although, sprinklers, hoses, and our local friendly mocking birds work well to keep him away most of the time. One day, he ventured into the veggie garden, so we turned the sprinklers on. He ran out of that garden like it was on fire and then while he was standing there staring at it, the mocking bird dive bombed him and he ran away. Funny stuff.

Shike likes this.
  6. Shike

Shike Loaded Pockets

Just about everyday sir.............almost :confused:

Zoop likes this.
  7. Karmakanic

Karmakanic Loaded Pockets

Miserable old guys that whine about everyone else.

8. Zoop

Zoop Loaded Pockets

Water-Rat: you're correct on the canvasser. Over here the trend is selling overpriced alarmsystems for your house.
    Although I have a sticker below my doorbell telling canvassers to pass my house, one took the liberty to ring the doorbell just the same. I opened up and I let him do his thing. After his finished I told him I wouldn't buy anything from him and recommended him a visit to Specsavers, since he clearly missed the sticker.
    While stepping away from the door, he then snarled that I was probably one of those people who only get an alarmsystem after someone broke into their houses. That remark got me angry and I yelled at him he'd better pray no one would come to break into my house, because I would surely know who gave the burgler the tip.

As far as the neigbor's cat goes: I hear ya! The little tortoise colored one that lives nearby doesn't care about hoses or even bucketloads of water. It's a little pest.
    It's bold too. When I was sweeping crushed sand on my terrace, it came so see what was going on. I literally had to shove it away with the broom in order to get sand between the tiles it sat upon.
    Finally I left a small heap of leftover sand in a corner only to see a small brown grenade on top of it next morning.

9. Shike

Shike Loaded Pockets

Indeed sir. But you know what really gets me? Arrogant young ones with lower intelligence than a bag full of hammers who don't get sarcasm;)

10. captainamerica

captainamerica Loaded Pockets

Lots of posts so I'm sure this has been repeated........tailgaters (especially at highway speeds), drivers that cut off/short the vehicle they just passed, and drivers that refuse to use their directional signal indicators.

I also despise waiting in a checkout line while noticing left to right that there are 20 to 40 checkout stalls that are not open and being used by the store, and are never used by the store except in extreme shopping overload cases like the holiday rush, if even then!

Gary Lee Duncan and jag-engr like this.
  11. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Actually, I've always thought that a canvasser was someone going around and asking questions, like a census taker or someone doing political polling or a Mormon missionary or the like. I've usually heard people knocking on the door to sell something just called door to door salesmen... or something even lower on the evolutionary scale like :censored:!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

Gary Lee Duncan and Water-Rat like this.
  12. Zoop

Zoop Loaded Pockets

Well, I'm not brought up with English as my native language, so I could be wrong. But I consider everyone who rings my doorbell for commercial reasons or wants to convert me a canvasser.

Gary Lee Duncan, Water-Rat and Shike like this.
  13. asemery

asemery Loaded Pockets

Deceptive packaging
    I bought a small cake (6" diameter, 2 1/2" high) at a local chain grocery store.
    Little did I know that there was a bump in the bottom platter of the cake (2" x 1 1/2")

[​IMG]

14. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

Taking a leak, thinking I'm finished, shaking, putting "it" away, then realizing my leg is now a little wet. :mad:

15. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

And we have now entered into the TMI portion of the evening's program. :eek::eek::eek:

ATB,
    Sam

16. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Now, now. Think of it this way. The cake baker was actually trying to give you EXTRA value! You now have a model UFO for the kiddies in your life to play with and have all kinds of 'adventures'! ;)

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

asemery likes this.
  17. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

That just looks like a bundt cake package/container to me. Hard to tell without seeing the "before" picture.

ATB,
    Sam

18. asemery

asemery Loaded Pockets

The cake (delicious by the way) appeared to be a solid 6" round cake. Not a bundt cake. There was an inch of cake and icing above the bump that hid it from view. By my calculations the bump in the center was a little over 1/4 of the finished cane.

19. thegrouch314

thegrouch314 Loaded Pockets

Drivers (usually on the motorway) who flash you to make you speed up, even when you're overtaking. If I'm doing 85 passing someone doing 75, you can wait the 30 seconds it's gonna take me to pass them safely before carrying on driving like a knob

Moshe ben David and jag-engr like this.
  20. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

I wish I could have seen a pic before.

However, optical illusions at the grocery store have been an ongoing practice since payment was made in beads and shells.

The practice does seem to be getting more pervasive and aggressive. Consumer groups all advise complaining to the store manager. Everyone knows it's wrong, but it's going to keep getting worse until people get called on it.

https://www.abc27.com/news/consumer/dont-waste-your-money/deceptive-packaging-gives-you-less-for-more/

ATB,
    Sam