1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pennsylvania meet and greet?

Discussion in 'Trade Shows & EDCF Gatherings' started by billybag, Jul 27, 2012.

1. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

AWESOME! Sorry, I know I have no business being here since I hail from Southern California. We just recently had our Meet & Greet, so I want to offer whatever help to you all I can. First, Billy, GOOD, GOOD, GOOD ON YA'! This is one of the most fun things we can do as members. You all stand to begin some really great friendships. If you can get a manufacturer to kick in, that would be fantastic. We all just sort of brought gifts for our group brothers and sisters, so if you don't get donations, you can still bring stuff for one another. It doesn't need to be anything extravagant. Just a little something that you like that you think your friends might not have. FWIW, we met at the nicest knife shop in So Cal and later went to a gun show. We finished off with Vietnamese food. If any other input from me might help you guys, please just ask.

2. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

Thanks tower but 95yjinpa has been such a big help he jumped on this right away.

We are looking at a state park and use of a pavilion.
    We are hoping sure more interest since PA is so big we were going with a center of the state location to try and get more folks to consider this.

Again tower thank you. I'll keep your offer in mind.

Ok folks any ideas and all are welcome.
    If your from the west side of the state and you are interested but don't want to drive.
    I may get a van if ther is enough interest.

I agree 95 we should try and make this awesome.

Last edited by billybag, Sep 7, 2012
  3. hiljentaa

hiljentaa Loaded Pockets

I am tentatively interested. Would prefer the western side of PA, as I am from the Northern Ohio and would like to keep the drive under four hours. If it's somewhere with camping and hiking though...I can be swayed.;)

4. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

The tentative location does have camping I believe if not I'm sure there is somewhere close.

95 can you chime in on this.

You know camping for the weekend sounds like a good idea.

Central Pennsylvania is gorgeous.
    I stay up that way at a friends once in awhile.
    Thanks for your interest.
    Lets keep this going..............

5. 95yjinpa
    • In Omnia Paratus

95yjinpa Loaded Pockets

The Bald Eagle State Park has hiking opportunities, as well as nesting Bald Eagles to watch. The park is also part of the Bald Eagle State Forest, which has unlimited hiking opportunity's. There are campsites, cabins, and I believe yurts available as well. It is a very scenic part of Pa. The area is definiatly lacking in business', though there is a decent gun store not too far away.

I suggested this location for somewhat selfish reasons, as well as the beauty this area has to offer. I am in a wheelchair, and do not drive yet myself (cant afford a truck to modify....lol), so I picked a place close enough to me that my wife could drop me off....lol. I am open to other locations, and would not want to miss out on a group of people not wanting to travel. If the majority of the interest is from western Pa, then it would make sense to do it there, same goes for any other part of the state. We have quite a few Pa members that we should have a good showing.

Between Billy and I, and anyone else that would like to be part of the planning, we hope to make it worth the drive to whatever location is chosen!

6. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

I'd like to stick with the location of Bald Eagle State Park.

SurvivePenna likes this.
  7. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

That sounds like a great location. If you ask pick a spring in the next month or so, and it's not a holiday weekend, I should be able to make the trip down

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

8. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Sounds like all the big PA players will be there. ;)

9. 95yjinpa
    • In Omnia Paratus

95yjinpa Loaded Pockets

Would love to see ALL the Pa. players there....lol

10. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

This Fall is out for me. We just lost 3 staff in the last 14 days.
    My 16 hour shifts are gone and I'm back to 5, 8's with crazy OT.

Anybody have an idea for a date?

11. 95yjinpa
    • In Omnia Paratus

95yjinpa Loaded Pockets

Here is the link to all the Bald Eagle State Park has to offer for those interested in coming.
    I would suggest mid-late April on, the weather is usually decent then.

billybag likes this.
  12. SurvivePenna
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

SurvivePenna EDC Junkie!!!!!

First off..my apologies for being "late to the party" so to speak. I work a lot and will definitely need to know far in advance the "where and when" part. However I defintely think that we could make this really cool and I would love to help if I can. I would like to say that I agree with the choice of location for the reasons stated above and because we could probably pick locations in the thousands and would never have anybody being 200 % happy. I could think of a large number of awesome locations right here in the Gettysburg area alone.

I've been noticing a large influx of people from PA joining EDCF and I'm thinking (could be wrong) that "if you build it...they will come" kinda applies in this case. What I'm saying is that if a small group of people make this work and advertise it a little in advance, we could see a real nice turnout. To me personally...I would hate to exclude anybody from other states to attend. Not that I think anybody here would disagree with me on this. My point is to make a point about it being for ALL members of EDCF (and perhaps their family & friends). As long as a member is willing to drive, hitchhike, run, jump or skydive to the location of choice ...it is okay with me. The more the merrier...:)

I'll eat my words and my hat if it turns out to be EDCFstock with 2237 members in a big circle doing show and tell...all at once !!! :p

On a serious note..I'd like to take a moment to speak to something that's been on my mind. I can't afford much when we are talking EDC. I rarely buy any cool EDC stuff especially expensive knives, flashlights and bags..etc. When I buy EDC gear it's always budget gear and not very much at all. My point is that I will be coming there to meet and greet other EDCF'ers. To have a great time and to share stories and experiences. To learn and to share what little I know. To meet others with this horrible EDC illness that drains our wallets and makes everything we own shine with titanium & tritium. My hope is that perhaps there are others like me out there reading this and thinking that it's okay to come and join the fun even if you don't happen to have a handful of $1000 ZT knives to show off. Even if you do ...that's equally great in my book. Bring them along and let me look at them, but I won't have any to show you.
    I will however bring a positive and upbeat attitude with me. I hope this makes sense ?!?

Please let's make this happen ! :) I'm thinking late spring to mid summer but I will definitely not be difficult to work with so to speak. It will be awesome. Where there's a will there's a way. I think that when we pick and time and place...and people see the momentum...they will wanna join us. Great company, great food and good times...

Regards,
    SurvivePenna

SAKplumber, tower and billybag like this.
  13. 95yjinpa
    • In Omnia Paratus

95yjinpa Loaded Pockets

SurvivePenna,
    I agree with everything you said! Your help would be greatly appreciated as well! Billy and I are the only ones working on this at the moment I believe. Maybe the 3 of us could Skype some evening and brainstorm.
    Like yourself, I do not have a bunch of great gear. I have some mid level stuff that I have saved for or traded for. I don't think we will have any egomaniacs in attendance...lol. 1 thing we want to do is a gear swap of some sort, which will be cool!
    Any member could come, if they want to travel...lol. Who knows maybe someone will be in the area, and like to attend.
    My wife and daughter will have little interest in attending, but I am sure my son will be there with me.

billybag likes this.
  14. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

Agree with all you say.
    Lets mail down a date now and then we are one step closer.
    I presume a weekend.

Is there anyone that has a preference.
    We will give it about a week.

Then we can nail one down.
    This will be enough notice that I can assure any date on that time frame.
    Except May 19 weekend, and June 13 to 20.

SurviveP
    Welcome and join in.
    All are welcome I believe it was kertap who may come in from NY.

It's not about the amount or price.
    It's about meeting others that EDC.
    You'll find my gear to be average and abused.

I'm out here somewhere.

15. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

So, what, I can't come?

While I live a little east of the PA border, I'd be interested. It's only 180 miles so I think I can make that in like an hour, forty-five.:running: I'm very fast, you know?

Since there is a chance to see bald eagles, I'm sure my wife and kids would like to tag along. Don't worry, though, I can always ditch them.:p

Fukurai, billybag and SurvivePenna like this.
  16. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

My Lady and Girls will more than likely come along.
    They can play together / visit and be with us.
    We can reserve a Pavilion probably.
    This is going to kick :censored:.
    95 you must have posted as I was replying, I think this meet and greet thing just might have wings.

SurvivePenna likes this.
  17. MR24927
    • In Omnia Paratus

MR24927 Loaded Pockets

i am in ny

18. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

19. MR24927
    • In Omnia Paratus

MR24927 Loaded Pockets

damm to far , we should just do a new york one :)

billybag likes this.
  20. 95yjinpa
    • In Omnia Paratus

95yjinpa Loaded Pockets

Billy, I think you are right!!
    We will defiantly reserve a pavilion, or hopefully 2....lol.
    Bring some good binoculars, or telephoto lens. The eagles are across the Dam. There may be a lookout built just to see them, not sure on that.
    Where we meet there will be a playground for the kids.

SurvivePenna and billybag like this.