1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pebble assets sold to Fit Bit

Discussion in 'Watches' started by garza, Dec 7, 2016.

1. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

The intellectual property of Pebble has been acquired by Fit Bit. All models of the Pebble watch has been discontinued and unfilled Kickstarter pledges will be refunded by March. The watch warranties are now void. None of the pending orders with Pebble will be shipped.

I wear a Pebble watch most days. The company was a client and I received a free watch at the company Christmas luncheon. I really don't care for the Fit Bit because of the product build quality.

2. Dirty Rod

Dirty Rod Loaded Pockets

Definitely agree that Fitbit quality is lacking especially in the bands. Surprising at the price points they have as well as the huge following and features. I admit I'm very active so I'm always doing cardio, weights, etc but the gear should hold up.

Fortunately, their CS is good as they have had to replace my Charge HR 4 times, my wife's HR twice, and her Blaze once. At some point you would think that another $5 invested in the watch would save them a bunch in returns and shipping.

3. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

I was hoping Casio would acquire Pebble and incorporate some of the features.

4. stockae92

stockae92 Loaded Pockets

Its sad that Pebble just went away over night and basically leaving all users high and dry.

Pebble was my fav smartwatch because of notification features, many watchfaces, and the battery actually last for a 4 to 6 days depends on usage. I never consider the other smartwatches because I don't want to be charging yet another "device" everyday.

I am never a fan of fitbit, maybe because I have been on the Garmin wagon since long time ago. Pebble had a decent run. RIP.