1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Patting your self down

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Mecha04, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Hogosha

Hogosha Loaded Pockets

Learned a long time ago to do the old "Specticles, wallet and watch" routine. I still forget crap though. :idiot2:

2. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

Yup, I do it everyday! I want to make sure that I am NOT leaving something in my pockets; especially when throwing my clothes into the hamper.

3. cosine

cosine Loaded Pockets

Yep, I check every time I stand up to make sure I have everything.

4. WolfAmmoMan

WolfAmmoMan Banned

^^ Good Advice !! ^^ :)

5. Junior03

Junior03 Loaded Pockets

Oh hell yes....at the end of every day, don't want to hear the wife yelling at me at laundry time if you know what i mean!!!!

6. copierguy_mobile

copierguy_mobile Loaded Pockets

I do the self-pat down everyday before I leave the house and when I come home and unload. It helps me find all my EDC items but I sometimes miss a piece of paper or worse... a paper towel that I stuffed in a pocket sometime during the day.

I don't find out about it till my unhappy wife shows up with the hamper full of clothes and exploded paper towel :bolt:

-Greg

7. mrichelo

mrichelo Loaded Pockets

I have been getting more organized lately, so generally I don't forget things too much. If I'm leaving my place and someone else is driving I'll pat myself down and make sure I have my keys and EDC stuff.

I always pat myself down when I get home. I empty my pockets and make sure I didn't miss anything.

After a few unfortunate incidents with tissues or paper in the washing machine and the resulting mess it makes to an entire load of laundry, I always double check all the pockets on my cloths as I put them in the washer. It is just a habit I've gotten into. Maybe a bit OCD, I know, :crazy2: but I feel better knowing my cell phone, or the phone number from that cute girl at the bookstore isn't going through the spin cycle. :)

Mark

8. WolfAmmoMan

WolfAmmoMan Banned

Whatever you do, don't lose the cute bookstore girls number !! :luck:

9. surespyder

surespyder Empty Pockets

It's worth looking around you when you get up too. A few years ago, I lost a $700 cell phone in a cab when it slid off my hip, holder and all.

10. fm2176

fm2176 Loaded Pockets

The Army has ingrained a sensitive items check mentality in me. The few times I have neglected to check myself I have misplaced something. It borders on the point of OCD when it comes to my wallet and its contents. I generally visually and physically check for IDs and credit cards every time I pull it out. My knife, keys and pistol are constantly checked as well. I attribute having never lost my wallet or locked my keys in the vehicle to this. I wish I could same the same for knives and multitools.

One problem I have had occasionally is during my start of the week trips into DC. I'll stop by the apartment after a two hour drive starting at 0300 and completely forget to remove the Kel-tec from my pocket. Get to work, change into my uniform, pat down the pockets of the civvies and find it. Big oops there, but I have gotten better about it.

11. surespyder

surespyder Empty Pockets

If you carry a P32, I don't blame ya. Those things are tiny :p