1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Patagonia

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by lam396, Apr 1, 2009.

1. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

I bought a Patagonia jacket back in 1988 (cost me an arm and a leg). I used it *hard* for many years (high school, college), then my bro sort of "borrowed" it for many, many years (went through his high school and college years, and then continued using it afterwards). I recently got it back from him and still wear it once in a while. Other than the cuffs wearing out (which I fixed), the rest of the jacket is intact.

Amazing products.

2. speedmaster

speedmaster Loaded Pockets

I've been a big fan of Patagonia products since the mid 80s. Great stuff but pricey.

3. WileyPost

WileyPost Empty Pockets

I have several pieces of Patagonia clothing and would recommend it to anyone. I thought I was the only person calling it "Patagucci". I've been calling it that since I lived in Philly in 1987. I search on ebay and craigslist regularly for this brand and score a good deal on occasion. (This is my first post!! I've been to busy reading to post i guess). :woohoo:

4. lam396

lam396 Loaded Pockets

So they have lines of clothing that aren't on the website? Is there any site that has the "military" lines so I could see what all is offered?

5. jimboinwv

jimboinwv Loaded Pockets

I have been a Patagonia fan since the Eighties-have an original style 2921-the one Retro-X copies. It's still in good shape. Now...they don't usually have trousers with an inseam over 32". That lets me out. And the new stuff doesn't seem to stay together well, and shrinkage is horrible. Oh well, their catalog pictures are off the hook!!

6. Chiro75

Chiro75 Loaded Pockets

They size pants and shorts into 40, I think, but they are all undersized a little. I have no problems with anything shrinking from t-shirts to button-down shirts, etc, so I don't know what you're talking about. lol Half my wardrobe is Patagonia and I haven't seen a single problem like you're talking about.

7. AKS

AKS Empty Pockets

Patagonia- best gear made- period

OK, I'm new here, but Patagonia makes the best gear available. If you break it they fix it for free in most cases. If you wear it out they will charge a very reasonable fee to repair it. I have owned their gear for over 20 years and having used many other firm's gear and none even come close to their quality. Yes, they are very expensive, but you will not be disappointed with anything you buy. My wife and I have spent a small fortune on Patagonia products and have never been disappointed-ever. we use our gear daily. One of my EDC bags is their Critical Mass messenger bag, which I can pack for 3 days in.
    The key to their site is checking their "web specials" section that is where they hide their best prices. They also sell their surplus military gear there you will see the word "special" after the product name and the color is "alpha green" on their site. You can find very good deals there on a regular basis. I'd suggest registering so you get notice of their sales beforehand as they sell out of the good stuff in normal sizes very very fast.
    Sorry fo the long post, but I am a huge fan of everything they do- environmentalism, etc.

8. Chiro75

Chiro75 Loaded Pockets

AKS, you've let the cat out of the bag! You're going to be visited by some tough looking men in dark suits soon. :mob:

I just ordered a "Mars" softshell jacket, a shirt and some Stand-Up pants, all of which I need like a hole in my head.