1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Patagonia

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by lam396, Apr 1, 2009.

1. lam396

lam396 Loaded Pockets

I was just introduced to this line of clothing so I don't know much about them but I was wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions about them.

2. BBQ BOY

BBQ BOY Loaded Pockets

Some of the best stuff around. Better built that Mountain hardwear and North Face.

3. sld

sld Loaded Pockets

I have several items from them. Not disappointed in any of them.

4. Ropes4u

Ropes4u Loaded Pockets

We have a ton of Patagucci gear, we try to hit the outlet stores when ever we are near one. I wear something patagucci almost everyday in the winter,

5. lam396

lam396 Loaded Pockets

is patagucci something different from patagonia?

6. rhunter1

rhunter1 Loaded Pockets

I have owned quite a variety of their socks (from lightweight to heavyweight), and a set of their capilene 3's. All have performed as expected, fit comfortable and feel great. They are kinda on the pricey side though.

I don't have any problems recommending them to people looking for quality. Others have commented that patagonia is going toward the route of The North Face where it's quality has dropped since its beginning. I believe it really depends on what you're buying and what its going to be used for.

7. jujigatame

jujigatame Loaded Pockets

I've had a Patagonia lightweight rain shell for a few years and it's served me very well. I like their stuff but it tends to cost more than I care to spend on clothes, so the shell is all I have from them.

8. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

It's pricey, but wears extremely well and for a looooong time, and their warranty is awesome. They stand behind their products and will replace an item if something goes wrong with it.

9. GQGeek81

GQGeek81 Loaded Pockets

patagucci because it can be a bit pricey. I usually only buy if its on clearance at Sierra Trading Post or during one of their big sales. I love their silkweight but I've recently discovered Marmot's like product and I think it works better.

10. dr. fiehlgood

dr. fiehlgood Loaded Pockets

Ditto on patagucci! It's expensive but well worth it. I have had a couple of capilene layers since 2002. One just blew out in the elbows and I replaced it. $38 spread over 7 years of heavy use is well worth it for me. But expect big time sticker shock when you see their prices. Another cool thing is their common threads program. You can send in your old clothes and they recycle them.

11. hurricane

hurricane Empty Pockets

I think everything I wear is Patagonia. Their stuff is bomber and they have an equally bomber guarantee. Their designs, materials, and cut are fantastic. Excellent stuff. Being a quality freak,[I loathe cheap crap ... loathe it] and well-researched, I think Patagonia is both an excellent company and makes vastly superior clothing/products. AND I will vehemently defend that statement. I literally cannot think of another company that is remotely similar ... Arc'Teryx would be the closest. I have yet to be disappointed with a Patagonia product and a lot of my Patagonia stuff is still kicking around 15 years later. If anything needs to be repaired/replaced, Patagonia will replace/repair free-of-charge. They're a great company and very environmentally aware/conscious. The North Face has completely sold-out to profit and I now find their stuff to be about as on par with what Wal-Mart sells ... they're all about fashion - not passion. You really cannot go wrong with Patagonia. I could *easily* wear Patagonia-only for the rest of my life.

If you're ever up-for a good read, Yvon Chouinard's [Patagonia's founder] book: "Let My People Go Surfing" should be required reading for every manager/company president/business owner. My former boss could have definitely read that book once or twice!

EDIT: haha ... I cannot believe the word pr**k was edited from my comment, I'll wash my mouth out with soap - promise ... we can talk about guns [which ostensibly have only one purpose], that's OK, but I can't use that word. OK well, my former boss was a really really really mean man.

12. fresnorich

fresnorich Empty Pockets

It's good stuff. Nice cuts and durable.

13. lam396

lam396 Loaded Pockets

So it sounds like they are pretty good company.

Next question: can you only order from there wedsite or are there actual stores that carry their lines? I hate ordering expensive clothes online with out being able to try them on first.

14. rhunter1

rhunter1 Loaded Pockets

I've seen patagonia in REI and Cabelas stores. I'm sure there are other ones, might depend on your location though.

15. balldboy

balldboy Loaded Pockets

Thier online sales are deadly.

16. wundergeist

wundergeist Loaded Pockets

I can personally testify that Patagucci's ski jackets resist their wearer skiing into a tree then tumbling down several hundred feet of ice, assorted greenery, and rocks (or, as they call it in Sunday River, a ski slope :evilgrin:), and finally stopping against a different tree. No tears at all, unlike its owner's skin. 12 years and still in good condition. The jacket, not the owner.

17. chute43

chute43 Loaded Pockets

I have a pair of the alpine pants, that I used for several iceclimbing seasons , each season I would tear the ankle. Then send them back to the shop in Reno and they would be repaired free of charge. In 15 yrs of rock/iceclimbing and 10 yrs of backcountry skiing they have the best consistently good product. Great customer service as well

kary

18. hurricane

hurricane Empty Pockets

Patagonia can be found just about anywhere. They have outlet and retail stores all over the world, but primarily in the US. You can find 3rd party retailers on their site. Their sales are very good and usually happen at the end of each season ... 30-50% is common. You really can't go wrong with Patagonia ... easy to say as I sit here comfortably in my Patagonia pants.

19. Chiro75

Chiro75 Loaded Pockets

Patagonia is a cool company with a great product. My friend owns a clothing store that sells Patagonia, Ex Officio, Royal Robbins, etc and I would work with him sometimes on the weekends, so I own a fair amount of Patagonia stuff myself. It never wears out, and if it does, they'll fix it. He has a Retro-X jacket that is about 15 years old. He put a substantial hole in it when he caught it on something. Sent it in and it came back with the hole fixed and you couldn't tell at all. I have a Retro-X myself, and the liner for one of the pockets (mesh) got caught and ripped by my keychain, so once summer is in full-tilt I'm sending it in to see how well they take care of me.

On the one hand, yes, Patagonia is expensive, but if you plan on keeping your clothes for a long time and wearing them a lot, it's cheap. I'd rather own one pair of $70 shorts that I use for 10 years than 10 pairs of Old Navy shorts that I wear for a couple seasons and pay $20/ea for.

20. Grunt77

Grunt77 Empty Pockets

Patagonia makes nice stuff. I had a MARS dimension jacket. I wish they would put the MARS line on their website and open about it. They are a hippie company, so they dont want people to know they make clothes for the military. I liked the dimension jacket. I wish I could find one in a medium. My large was too big. Their stuff seems well made IMHO.