1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Passbook, or how do I get cards out of my wallet?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Tru7h, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Tru7h

Tru7h Loaded Pockets

So I keep hearing people go on about how they're only carrying their ID and a little cash in a money clip or whatnot, because they can keep their credit cards and membership cards in their iPhone.

So I have an iPhone with iOS6. How would I get, say, a SAMS Club membership, Panara Bread card, two insurance cards, and possibly others onto a mobile device like this?

2. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

I use the card nova app.

Sent by Owl Post

3. Tru7h

Tru7h Loaded Pockets

Okay, that's pretty spiffy. Zero reviews though, and on the App Store since 2011? If I can get it to work well, maybe I'll give them their first one.

4. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

My question is, how you use your credit card info from the app? Online, or over the phone sure, but in person they never let you do anything without the physical card... I don't get it.

G.

5. doktorziplok

doktorziplok Loaded Pockets

I used passsource.com to make a best buy rewardzone card.

in the end, passbook (like news stand and stocks) is just another app I don't use and can't delete. it lives in a folder on my last home screen.

CatfishTX likes this.
  6. 4SEVEN3

4SEVEN3 Empty Pockets

CardStar!!!! I have all my stuff on there! I'll scan the bar code and BAM, its on your phone. The hand held scanners can scan the phone, but most of the grocery stores Ive been to cant and they just type in my number. I've used it for a long time and they'll even send you deals to the stores you have in the app. I have 8-10 store cards on it, I dont know about credit cards.

AK Adventurer likes this.
  7. shokthx

shokthx Loaded Pockets

Till Google Wallet, Paypass, Paypal, and Isis become more popular with merchants (they usually need to pay for those readers) you might have a hard time leaving the credit cards at home. There are options for the loyalty cards that use barcodes like those mentioned above. I know there are at least a half dozen apps for Android that do this. You can at least get rid of the stupid keychain cards. Cards that work with magnetic strips will be a bit harder to replace with a phone.
    I'd like to know if anyone has been able to use it with a Sam's Club.