1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Passaround Box for Canada, Vol 5.1 BOX A (big box)

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by FACE, Oct 26, 2015.

1. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

Try to get it out tomorrow. I had to take the dishwasher apart tonight. Then I had to sedate the hubby when he came home to see that I'd taken it apart. Got it back together but he's still got the shakes and keeps running to the kitchen to make sure it isn't leaking.

Sent by owl post.

FACE likes this.
  2. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

[​IMG][​IMG]
    My take. The little tin went to my mail delivery guy. The eraser is going to a friend of ours who is a former cabinet minister. I have a collection of stress sqeezies. I liked the little knife's nail clipper.

Sent by owl post.

Stranger and FACE like this.
  3. Stranger
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stranger EDC Junkie!!!

Cool. I put in the Coke tin. My wife bought it for me, but she didn't know it was a cigarette case. I don't smoke, and as much as I liked it (I've always loved Coke) I couldn't think of anything I wanted to keep in it.

FACE likes this.
  4. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

I also had to keep the emergency blanket at the last minute. My hound decided he wanted to play with it while my back was turned grabbing the packing tape.

Sent by owl post.

FACE likes this.
  5. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

Sorry tracking number was in husband's pocket.

Sent by owl post.

FACE likes this.
  6. Stranger
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stranger EDC Junkie!!!

I picked up the box yesterday, and I just finished my trades. So here is my take:

[​IMG]

I plan to buy a GPS unit someday, and it might fit in this nylon sheath. I have a lot of Altoids tins, but no black ones. I really like this. I need to get some of that paint. I have wanted a black Gerber Paraframe for 20 years, but never got around to buying one. It was hard to let go of the knife I traded for that Swagger, but I love black. It's an even trade. And that little Gerber needs to spend some time in the dishwasher. If I ever find a slide rule in a better color I'll put this in another box.

I'll get this out tomorrow morning.

FACE and Sean Jamieson like this.
  7. spanky77

spanky77 Loaded Pockets

I put in the altiods tin. I sprayed it about 6 times with high heat paint, the kind used on headers on a car, in between I applied liberal heat to treat it. I have boiled water in them and even had a small wood fire in them and they always turned ok fine afterwards. Great some experiments and let me know how it goes! Always curious to see what they can withstand.
    Take care

FACE likes this.
  8. Stranger
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stranger EDC Junkie!!!

Any updates from the box? I'd like to know what others took, and what they liked.

spanky77 likes this.
  9. spanky77

spanky77 Loaded Pockets

So what happened here? Did the boxes just get taken and that's it. Game over but one person keeps everything??

10. r-ice
    • In Omnia Paratus

r-ice Loaded Pockets

Yah where is it at? with face?

11. DFT17

DFT17 Loaded Pockets

As I remember, FACE was needing to take some time away, and had asked for volunteers to take over running the passaround boxes. Without searching it out, I thought he had transferred to someone but not entirely sure....would be interested in taking part again if someone does indeed get it going again...

Easier to find than expected... https://www.edcforums.com/threads/im-out-canada-passaround-and-more.133081/

If the boxes still exist maybe FACE will see this and someone can touch base with him and get it going again....I definitely cant commit to being the "caretaker" myself....

Last edited by DFT17, Sep 9, 2016
    Stranger likes this.