1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Passaround Box for Canada, Vol 4.0

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by FACE, Dec 4, 2014.

1. angusW

angusW EDC Junkie!!!

derfyled - Agreed. It's difficult to see what's in that pic on my 21" monitor.

FACE - That duckfoot sharpener is nice.

FACE likes this.
  2. DFT17

DFT17 Loaded Pockets

I'm cool with splitting to 2 boxes, and don't think the list thing will be too bad at all...would make for a pretty neat record as it goes round!

FACE likes this.
  3. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

So I compiled a short list of items :p that are unaccounted for that I'm aware of so far.

steel water proof match canister
    Kershaw Cryo with brass LBS
    Gerber Multi-tool w/bits
    black buck folder 3 blade old timer
    red pen driver w/ small bits
    Boker Direkt knife
    Zippo NIB
    Red Leatherman CS Style
    LED Shoelaces
    Toolet Skinth
    green plastic waterproof match canister
    red gerber clutch
    silver space pen in plastic case
    Maxped Phone Pouch

Pretty much follows in order of when they were put into the box to when they were missing. Some items were taken out from previous passarounds, enjoyed for a short time and placed back in to be enjoyed by someone else. :Juggle:

There were a couple of larger items from the previous passaround that I couldn't find room for so if we go with the 2 box system I might be able to re-enter them into the rotation. :hot:

If you've mistakenly grabbed any of the above mentioned items and would like to PM me, that would be awesome. You will not be singled out and I will simply go back to the list and strike that item off the list. We all make mistakes and slip ups and I would appreciate everyone's transparency and honesty as I believe it's imperative to the spirit of the Passaround Box.

K, I'm done now!!! :D

angusW likes this.
  4. spanky77

spanky77 Loaded Pockets

I like the idea of two boxes and I also like the idea of a list since there are 6 items on your list above that I am fairly certain that I put into the box....

FACE likes this.
  5. angusW

angusW EDC Junkie!!!

My 7 year old daughter put in one of the items. I'm not going to tell her someone stole it though.

FACE likes this.
  6. r-ice
    • In Omnia Paratus

r-ice Loaded Pockets

I hope you enjoy the duckfoot sharpener face.

FACE likes this.
  7. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

Round 5 of Passaround thread is now up. I will be making a few adjustments tot he rules.

If you're in please state an "I'm In" in the thread and we'll get an idea of who is interested.

If I don't get enough interest .................. than all the stuff will be shipped over to the EU for there box!! :p

angusW and Nighted like this.
  8. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

Well, we can't have that happen, can we!

FACE likes this.
  9. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

Okay, so either I'm too believe that the mail person or Canada Post employees opened the box up, took a few items out here or there and closed it right back up and sent it on it's way ........... or those that have participated in the past and possibly participating in the present are a little embarrassed that they might have been caught with there hands in the cookie jar.

I get it, I understand it when someone doesn't want to owe up to being a little deceitful with there actions. ........ Look, it's happened to me, I'm not afraid to admit it myself but I'm really finding it really hard to get any inspiration or drive behind continuing this project.

I know that I've already starting a 5.0 thread but that could just as easily be closed and locked. I don't know what you guys want to do about this.

I guess I have a hard time letting things go. Just burns my :censored: a bit .......... that's all.

Okay, end of rant ........... It must be Monday .............. I hate Mondays!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
    FACE

r-ice and Nighted like this.
  10. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

There's a chance one of my kids grabbed the LED shoes laces. I saw one of them with something like that around their neck after I had the box last time. I normally lock the box up in my office, but when I was repacking the box, my basset took off with my cellphone, and when I got it back, the boys were looking around in the box unsupervised.

Sent by owl post.

FACE and angusW like this.
  11. Stranger
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stranger EDC Junkie!!!

I just got the notice about posts in this thread now. Must be a glitch in the software. I'm in for #5.

The only missing item I recognize in that list is the green match container, because I put that in. I'm 99% positive I've never seen any of the other items. There were one or two Skinths in the box when I got it, but I didn't care for the colors, so they went right back in. If it's not black, forget it!

FACE likes this.
  12. DFT17

DFT17 Loaded Pockets

I think you were onto something with the list, or small notebook to indicate what goes in, and what comes out. And I know personally it was easy last time to take a pic as soon as I opened the box and spread things out. Those that may have "borrowed" items know who they are, and I can only assume that they don't feel too great about it. Especially as we all do this for the enjoyment of passing something along to others with similar interests. I think it is important that we don't let those who have done us wrong prevent us from continuing, rather, let it make us more diligent in how we go about it.

angusW, FACE and Stranger like this.
  13. Stranger
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stranger EDC Junkie!!!

Agreed. I vote for the status quo. Although, I have no problem with helping to tighten things up regarding inventory. I took a pic of the box contents last time before packing up, but I know I can take a better one next time. Anything I can do to help. I just like it the way it is.

angusW and FACE like this.