1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Passaround Box for Canada, Vol 4.0

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by FACE, Dec 4, 2014.

1. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

We need good feedback from our fellow ACTIVE Canadian members to get this thing started.

Why CANADA only? Sorry for our fellow EDCF'ers overseas and to the south of us, but shipping time for such would be long and I don't like customs snooping around our goodies. :mad: Also, with the rising costs of shipping and customs charges as well I would also like to think that the person will be able to take out of the box the equivalent of what they would be paying for shipping AND customs fees but that is not reality. So ..............................

This is the plan so far:
    • Show your interest here in this thread.
    • To keep shipping costs at minimum, the box should circle province wise. Doesn't matter where it starts or it ends but I will propose that the closer you are to the next receipient the cheaper on shipping it will be.
    • I'll create a list from your posts here (in post#4)
    • Once I have the list I will create the order from one side of the country to the other. Again, this will reduce the amount it cost for shipping. Trust me, shipping from Ontario to BC is allot more than shipping from Alberta to BC.
    • You take out two or three items you'd like to keep, and put two or three items of equal or higher value back. Please post a pic of the items you took here in this thread. No excuses please, be it a crappy cellphone pic or a Canon 5D Mk III jpeg - the maximum size for this forum shouldn't be higher than 800 x 800 pixels anyway!
    • The value of the items is assessed by you. As they say, one man's rubbish is another man's treasure. In-fact, it's a matter of honor. Just don't change that strider against a box of dryer lint ... :nah_disagree:
    • I'll start with a Canada Post large flat rate box filled with some goodies. Try to keep the box's size at this. Remember: postal rates in Canada vary considering size, weight, cost and distance. Please also consider shipping with tracking number so that we can track it.
    • Try to pass the box along as quickly as possible. Three or four days pondering what to take might be o.k.; the quicker, the better for the next in line. If you think you'll be on vacation when it's your turn please state that and we'll work around it.
    • The items should be EDC related. But: no alcohol, tobacco products or meds!
    • Let's get this rolling, and have some fun ("I shiver with anti-ci-pation!" , Frank'n Furter, the Rocky Horror Picture Show) :smile_coffee: :bundle-of-joy_throwvertical::Juggle:
    • If there is not enough interest we'll figure something else out or you could also join the current passaround box happening right now.
    Cheers,

FACE

Last edited by FACE, Apr 29, 2015
  2. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

Just a couple of words of advice..

Don't be a dick. Put in what you take out.. And I'm not talking about a heap of paracord weaves for some higher end stuff.. Rule of thumb: if there's two or three paracord things.. Don't put in more, find something different .. Be kind to your fellow brethren further down the list. This only works if you follow the spirit of this passaround.

No broken stuff or pieces of stuff or general crap you find under the fridge.. If it could be easily broken, take the time to wrap it a bit.. Now I'm not saying expensive stuff.. Just things in generally working order.. So this doesn't turn into a box of trash.

Pictures, we all want to see them.. Not only to have the people coming up salivate and see what cool stuff you got but the people who contributed your take get to see where it goes which is part of the fun! So if you can't take or post pics, Pull yourself off the list. It's not fair to everyone. I never got to see where half of the goodies I put in the last time around went to because people didn't follow thru with their obligations and I know several others had the same happen. So if you can't, pull yourself out.

Be expedient, don't hold it a week. Try to contact the next person ahead of time so we aren't sitting on a box for a week. I'd say when someone ships to you, you should be hitting the next person up and if they're not getting back to you (was it 24hrs?) go to the next.. Post when you get it and when you ship so everyone knows. Post the number or the pic of the receipt. That way we know where it is. Anyone who cannot provide at least two post, "I got the box" and "I sent the box and here's my take" will not be allowed to participate further.

For peace of mind I'd take a pic of what you sent, don't post it.. Just hold on to it just in case if this happens again.

There are 2 methods of shipping, Regular Parcel and Expedited Parcel. Please pick Expedited as it contains a tracking number and also has $100 insurance. I know it's not much more, as I also shipped the box out myself. If you can't afford the extra $3 it cost to ship expedited than you can't afford to be part of this passaround. If you have to ship across provinces and it cost a bit more, contact me and we'll work something out. Also, please include a tracking number in the post with your pictures.

Now let's get back to the fun!

And a quote from tower..

Last edited by FACE, Dec 4, 2014
  3. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

Okay, now that that's out of the way on to the next part.

Please post I'm In and also, PLEASE read the rules carefully. Those that are from Canada and are new to the Forum, I would encourage you to participate cause we had allot of forum members get something, they otherwise wouldn't have thought they would buy on there own!! Trust me on that one ....... check out the threads here:

Passaround Box for Canada

Passaround Box for Canada, Vol 2.0

Passaround Box for Canada, Vol 3.0

More info will be added as it becomes available.

The list of people that are participating will be listed below in the order that it will be mailed in. If you post an "I'm In" and change our mind, please PM me that info and I will make the necessary adjustments.

Deadline for entry into round 4 of the Passaround is JANUARY 02nd, 2015

Cheers,
    FACE

Last edited by FACE, Dec 4, 2014
  4. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

FACE - Welland, Ontario -

Fusilier - Nova Scotia - RECEIVED
    derfyled - Montreal, Quebec - RECEIVED
    angusW - Hamilton, Ontario - RECEIVED
    deeker - London, Ontario - RECEIVED
    Stranger - Windsor, Ontario - RECEIVED
    DFT17 - Regina, Saskatchewan - RECEIVED
    spanky77 - Edmonton, Alberta - RECEIVED
    CatharineM - Edmonton, Alberta - RECEIVED
    Philodemus - Vancouver, B.C. - RECEIVED
    Sean Jamieson - Vancouver, B.C. - RECEIVED
    iPREFERPi - Interior, B.C. - RECEIVED
    VoodooChicken - Calgary, Alberta - SKIPPED
    TangoMike - Redcliff, Alberta - RECEIVED
    Nighted - Sudbury, Ontario - RECEIVED
    r-ice - Oshawa, Ontario - RECEIVED

FACE - Welland, Ontario

Last edited by FACE, Apr 23, 2015
  5. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

I'm in.

FACE likes this.
  6. DFT17

DFT17 Loaded Pockets

I for sure want in again! Already been picking up some goodies to put in!

Regina, SK

Last edited by DFT17, Dec 5, 2014
    FACE likes this.
  7. VoodooChicken

VoodooChicken Loaded Pockets

I'd be interested in this as well but heading for vacation. I'll post again when I'm back.

FACE likes this.
  8. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

I'm definitely in if you boys will have me.

Sent by owl post.

FACE likes this.
  9. iPREFERPi

iPREFERPi Loaded Pockets

I'm in

~ Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

FACE likes this.
  10. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

Great news. Nice to see new people in the mix this time around. :wavespin:

Can you let me know what province you're from please. I don't need to know an address, just a province and possibly a city too.

Thanks,
    FACE

11. Nighted
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nighted Loaded Pockets

I'm in. Just lemme know. I have some decent swag to toss in.

FACE likes this.
  12. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

Can you let me know what province you're from please. I don't need to know an address, just a province and possibly a city too. You can PM me this info if you'd like.

Thanks,
    FACE

13. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

BUMP ........ hoping to get some big numbers to sign up for this. :Juggle:

14. ketchupgun

ketchupgun Loaded Pockets

Any idea where this is starting? I'm in toronto but in the midst of a reno, and all my extra stuff is in a closed off storage room. ;( )presently)

Sent from my Speak & Spell.

FACE likes this.
  15. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

It's starting in Welland, Ontario and we could always get to you towards the end. It goes from province to province so we can definitely fit you in somewhere. :)

ketchupgun likes this.
  16. philodemus

philodemus Loaded Pockets

Count me in please!

FACE likes this.
  17. ketchupgun

ketchupgun Loaded Pockets

I'm going to have to pass. This is no time for me to do anything related to the mail. I'm living between three locations, none of which are my house lol

Fukurai and FACE like this.
  18. Fusilier

Fusilier Loaded Pockets

What the heck, count me in again. I have a few goodies I've purchased from the US that were spares and are just extras now. That and I should have some time to get the sewing machine out over the Christmas break.

Just one little suggestion: how about not filling the box to the absolute brim when it starts out. Just a thought that makes putting more stuff in a little easier. Not that the box should start out empty either.

Have a great Christmas, or however you wish to celebrate, or not, or whatever. How's that for a Canadian holiday greeting?

Thanks again Face.

deeker and FACE like this.
  19. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

Yeah, I was thinking the same and I will try really hard to not have the box filled to the brim and will be putting some really nice quality items in to start it off.

I will also be requesting everyone to send me a pic of the contents of the box upon receiving it as there have been some items that keeping getting UN-accounted for and that should alleviate that problem.

Merry Christmas to you as well.

Cheers,
    FACE

iPREFERPi likes this.
  20. r-ice
    • In Omnia Paratus

r-ice Loaded Pockets