1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

"Parker Jotter" or how I fell in love, with a pen....again.

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by rsitter, Oct 6, 2013.

1. hbanger

hbanger Loaded Pockets

Here's a few of my jotters two are pen and pencil sets, And I won't talk about the one that has a fisher refill in it. The stainless set is etched Boeing on the barrels and the boxed set is ma bell.
    I use the fine and medium Parker refills black red and blue. the gels seem to run out or dry out to fast for me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by hbanger, Oct 21, 2014
    kkay, GatorMedic and Joost Heijnen like this.
  2. SurvivePenna
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

SurvivePenna EDC Junkie!!!!!

3. Serge

Serge Loaded Pockets

Does anybody know if the older generations of parker jotters are actually that much of a better quality? I've got two all silver pens in black and blue but if the quality is that much better then I might just start hunting for one.

4. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

After reading through all 9 pages it hit me; there have been few times in my adult life that there hasn't been a Jotter in my drawer or pocket. In fact, when I got promoted my wife bought me a gold one which I've carried for the last year and a half. It's simple and beautiful. Thank you all for sharing!

5. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

The older ones up to around the mid 70's had all brass cap threads. The clic buttons are round on top not recessed on the newer ones for identification. I don't know that they are better, time will tell. I have a couple of the old ones that still work great. I would need to time travel to see if it's true of the newer versions

6. GearGuy69

GearGuy69 Loaded Pockets

i have a question i just got into carrying a pen and i have 2 parker vector rollerball pens, one for in my pocket and one for in my school bag i'm considering buying a parker jotter for at work, so the question the stainless steel version isn't gonna break or damage but the colored version is that made of plastic or is that also made of steel, i can get them for the same price but i like a color if it's made of plastic i'd rather have the stainless steel version.

7. playeroflife

playeroflife Loaded Pockets

Gel for me.. I have good penmanship, but the gel just makes it pure class.

8. SF1

SF1 Banned

Dude, they are

9. playeroflife

My EDC pens... 2 Parker jotters 1 roller ball and other gel Refill.

[​IMG]

10. playeroflife

Today's meeting EDC, with my Parker jotter.
    [​IMG]

GatorMedic, tdb and Joost Heijnen like this.
  11. SF1

SF1 Banned

Funny you should bring this up...I have a Jotter from President Nixon, and it has his signature and presidential seal on it; he could have ended the Vietnam war with it.

Stonerman33 likes this.
  12. Ryan McKenzie

Ryan McKenzie Loaded Pockets

I bought one Jotter while hanging out with a friend cause I lost my regular EDC pen, then after I used it for a while I bought another an now they're both missing. Guess it's time to go buy a Stainless Steel one

Care to share a picture?

GatorMedic likes this.
  13. nitaliano

nitaliano Loaded Pockets

I have had my stainless one for probably 8 to 10 years...love it

Rich73 likes this.
  14. Rich73

Rich73 Loaded Pockets

I've been carrying a stainless Jotter for the last 15 years ago and it has never let me down. The refills last for ages too. Recently thought about getting a Hinderer but I love the fact that the Jotter doesn't have a top you have to unscrew. I know that would bug me if I replaced it! I have to admit I didn't realise it had such a following.

And of course, James Bond EDC'd one in Goldeneye, though I seem to recall his was explosive, not black ink... :cool:

GatorMedic and Joost Heijnen like this.
  15. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

I've been writing with my SS Jotter lately. Easyflow refill. I must say it's lightweight, super reliable, and quick to write with.

I'm baffled how they can make the stainless steel so thin and lightweight yet stainless steel adds weight to other pens. Compared to the Urban and IM
    which have gobs of plastic components the SS Jotter remains a good design.

16. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

I lost one of my Parker Jotters at work about a month ago. Used one of my back-ups that I keep in my bag. Finally made it to Staples a week or two ago to pick up a replacement. Went in there looking for a blue barrel, same as my usual work one. They only had pink color available so I opted for a stainless steel one. That has become my house pen and the house Jotter has been moved to work duty. Interestingly enough the Staples I usually go to now keeps all of the Parker Jotters in a big clear plastic anti-theft device. I mentioned to the cashier that might be a little overkill for a $10 pen, but he said they've been having a lot of thefts lately from pens to $1 pencils. Craziness

17. SF1

SF1 Banned

What are some of your favorite colors? Mine: Bright lime green and safety orange?

18. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

I haven't seen any of the more exotic colors in person. My system before was royal blue for work, red for back-up bag pens, and black for house pen. Since they didn't have blue when I went to replace mine, now the black has been moved to work duty and the stainless steel is the house pen.

19. polonium9

polonium9 EDC Junkie!!!

After viewing this thread, I bought one... and 2 other cheaper pens.

Should be arriving next Tuesday.

This forum is terrible, why must you all do this to me.

kkay, thePlumbah and GatorMedic like this.
  20. polonium9

polonium9 EDC Junkie!!!

The Parker Jotter arrived.

Wow, this pen is amazing! the clickiness is superb and I really like how it feels in the hand. Writing is amazingly smooth, and the styling is super nice.

Mine was made in France, too.
    Anyone have theirs made there?

GatorMedic and thePlumbah like this.