1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

"Parker Jotter" or how I fell in love, with a pen....again.

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by rsitter, Oct 6, 2013.

1. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

No, we don't see the pic. But tell us about the red! Does it look like will flake or wear off? It's not described too well on their site...its red chrome so it doesn't scratch or feel like paint?

I recall A.T. Cross with their Morph pen; it was badly anodized or painted aluminum... The pens looked nice but were not durable at all..looking horrible in a year.

2. Only Arrows

Only Arrows Empty Pockets

New to this site and love reading the comments ...A huge Jotter fan and the only pen I use. Was going to post a pic of my Premium 2016 collection of 10 pens I just purchased but have no clue how to post a jpeg on here! apologies. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

3. sc00ts

sc00ts Loaded Pockets

This recent thread should guide you through it. And as mentioned, the faq in the general stickies if you have additional questions. I use imgur image hosting and find it pretty user friendly.

https://www.edcforums.com/index.php?threads/how-to-post-picture-from-my-downloads%3F.134219/

4. ghbrumbaugh

ghbrumbaugh Loaded Pockets

I just ordered a Stainless Steel Jotter Rollerball to finish out my set. Hoping to fit a Pilot G2 in there.

Anybody ever seen a matte black .5mm pencil? or know how to remove the pencil mechanism from the bottom half?

5. dischu

dischu Loaded Pockets

I really donĀ“t know why I have two of them now ... :unsure:

[​IMG]

alejestem, GRH and Only Arrows like this.
  6. Only Arrows

Thanks for this information, but when put a URL in from dropbox photo, just comes up with a blue box with ? in it. Will have to try and work out to post the pic. Appreciate the help anyway.

7. Only Arrows

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Apologies - my first time ever on a forum and after over 2 hours trying to post a pic via various photo upload sites it doesn't want to work. I will bow out gracefully :(

I have about 100 jotters from over the years and just wanted to share with other jotter fans.

8. polak187

polak187 Loaded Pockets

Been using them things forever.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. ghbrumbaugh

ghbrumbaugh Loaded Pockets

Three English and two French
    [​IMG]

10. Only Arrows

[​IMG]

My 2016 Premium Jotter Collection

11. Only Arrows

[​IMG]

One of my EDC's - yellow Jotter with Red Gel Refill

kkay, jazzbone1031 and 313 like this.
  12. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

Can you tell us how durable the colored metal ones are?
    I just returned a levenger l-tech pen because it was all painted metal (not anodized)..even the tip and cap. I didn't think it would last a week without scratching or chipping. My 9$ SS jotter and even the plastic ones are turning out to be more durable than $100 pens.

kkay likes this.
  13. Only Arrows

To be honest I JUST got these pens. They look anodized (but not 100% certain) but I am sure they would scratch if rubbed metal to metal.
    I usually keep my 'nice' jotters in a plastic tube or leather pen sleeve when I take out and use, unless in a suit jacket inside pocket. My EDC's are two Stainless Steel ones (a CT & GT) and a plastic body one. These I keep in pockets with keys and other items are although durable show signs of wear of course. Stainless Steel does tend to wear better (with looks) then Colored Steel in my experience. If I get any more experience with them I will post.

kkay likes this.
  14. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

Thanks a bunch. The website describes them as colored chrome. If so they may wear quite well. For example the chrome tips on my plastic Jotters have a couple of scratches but are not worn down.

If I may say you look like a collector that knows how to store and treat their pens well. I have a small collection that all live in my backpack ..I try to protect them well (they are not all jumbled together).. I guess I like to write with all my pens.

15. Only Arrows

Thanks for the nice comments. I just love Jotters and were the ultimate pen when I was a kid and now I am over 50 I have amassed a fair collection (about 100). I do keep them in great condition, in either pen cases or their boxes but have a dozen or so I use all the time, occasionally swapping out colors etc. Would be too much to carry 100 around with me all the time, although i could try! LOL
    They never let me down, never seem to wear out (apart from a refill change occasionally) and look and write great and people seem to love them when they ask to borrow... I always make sure i get back though!

16. Only Arrows

[​IMG]

My EDC Jotters - always with me in my case. Various Quinkflow and Gel refills.
    Love all of them!

kkay likes this.
  17. specv510

specv510 Loaded Pockets

Nice collection! I started collecting mostly Parker pens a few years back. I always go back to the Jotter, but one of these days I want any sterling silver cisele Parker. I love that design just like the SAK alox.

kkay likes this.
  18. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Really enjoyed reading through this thread.

When I was a kid (I'm talking the 1960's and into the 1970's) these were called the Parker T-ball Jotter. I just verified -- this name came into use around 1957, when Parker started using a sintered tungsten-carbide ball in the refill. I guess it made for smoother delivery of the ink to the paper. At any rate, it was my Dad's favorite. I've had many of these off and on over the years.

These days of course the 'Parker style' refill has become an industry standard refill, manufactured by many and used by many pens. To me, the smoothness of the ink delivery, color, intensity, etc., are not unique anymore to the Jotter but to the refills. On the other hand (wait for it, pun is there), the 'hand' feel is dependent on the design and production of the pen body itself. (Told you the pun was there.)

For all of you who like me are strongly into pens, I find it fascinating how Parker has fielded so many pen designs that were initially mass market and to this day in terms of either vintage pens or new production still win a broad following in the pen world. Included: the Jotter, the '51' fountain pen, the '45' fountain pen, the '75' fountain pen, the Sonnet; I think I've made my point.

I now have a bunch of Jotters (and Sonnets, and Retro 51, and Monteverde) all of which use the trusty Parker style refills. Including some Fisher with the adapters. (Love breaking the rules!)

~~~~~~~~~~~

On a different note. I also like the gel refills. Few years ago there seemed to be an issue with Parker gel refills 'weeping' some kind of lubricant or fluid. I had to toss a bunch I had in a drawer and also had several pens I had to clean out because of it. Anyone still experiencing this? Or remember it?

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

RED-FIVE and alejestem like this.
  19. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

Yes I had some blue gels leak some fluid out the top..they may be older. They were sitting for a long time.

20. Only Arrows

[​IMG]

A collection of flat top embossed logo plunger Jotters currently sitting on my desk...