1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

"Parker Jotter" or how I fell in love, with a pen....again.

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by rsitter, Oct 6, 2013.

1. PixelatedPDX
    • In Omnia Paratus

PixelatedPDX Loaded Pockets

jazzbone1031 and sino2 like this.
  2. Pangcoy

Pangcoy Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

I got a blue jotter to give as a gift but ended up also buying 3 for myself.

3. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

yeah...ive been writing with my SS Jotter a lot recently..light, fast, durable.

Pangcoy and WheelgunBob like this.
  4. Pangcoy

Pangcoy Loaded Pockets

Stupid question: What does SS stand for? Stainless steel?

Joost Heijnen and kkay like this.
  5. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

yeah sorry.. been posting here too long.

Pangcoy likes this.
  6. bryan123

bryan123 Loaded Pockets

Off the top of my head, the Parker Rialto/Place Vendome is a capped pen that takes Parker Jotter ballpoint refills. Also the morern Parker "Big Red" has a screw cap.

I have a couple of Space Pen knockoffs that resemble the chrome Fisher bullet pens but take Jotter refills rather than Fisher refills. Very handy for pocket carry, and no ink blobbing.

7. JDPUSMC

JDPUSMC Loaded Pockets

A lot of metal pens used for advertising will take Parker refills. Sometimes such pens are sold in bulk on ebay. Some are clock others have caps it varies.

I use several different Parker click models. I am not a fan of the ordinary jotter I like skinnier pens. The Parker Classic is a slimmer push button pen. It is also slightly longer than the jotter. I carry compact Parker jotters in several pockets. They are 4.5 inches long and thinner than a regular jotter. Unfortunately they only were sold with plastic barrels but the plastic barrels are fairly strong. I also use the cap actuated models. (Parker 45, 51, 61, 75 and the Falcon) Some of these are sought by collectors so often expensive but the 45 is pretty inexpensive.

Ballograf makes pens that use Parker refills. They also have a pocket pen that uses a special mini Parker refill. Unfortunately they stopped making mini black refills for it they only sell blue so I stopped using it but I did like it.

I have a Minim pen made in Argentina which looks a lot like the jotter one the outside but the interior, including the threads, is more like the classic. It is all metal and only 4.5 inches long but uses mini refills. The mini refills are not the same size as Ballograf unfortunately. I actually had to rig my own refills for it.

kkay likes this.
  8. Walnut

Walnut Empty Pockets

Oh, wow. I have had several over the years, and usually end up giving them away (willingly). I prefer unusual ones, with plastic lower bodies. I'm on the hunt for my next one.

My most recent was a vintage model (brass threads) with red plastic lower body, bought off that auction site for less than $10. One of my coworkers fell in love with it (nostalgia hit hard) and she owns it now. :) (And this thread has motivated me to go through my pen collection to see if I have any rattling around.)

I've never found the magic combination of pen body (US? France? UK?) and refill that makes for super-smooth clicky action. That's my pet peeve -- when it doesn't click perfectly smoothly and reliably.

9. andy3101

andy3101 Loaded Pockets

I also have two of these here. And I must say, the SS version feels a bit slippery. The plastic body gives a better grip feeling.

10. JDPUSMC

JDPUSMC Loaded Pockets

The regular jotter is too fat unless you have larger hands. The metal classic is more streamlined and thus better. They also sell the classic in black and gray among other colors and the finish on these is a epoxy coating so not slippery.

11. Rob_of_Kent

Rob_of_Kent Empty Pockets

I've just seen on the Parker UK website the Jotter and several other models have had a design refresh. A new clip and new finishes and it seems the plastic models are no longer.

12. kkay

kkay Uber Prepared

How do the new pens look?

13. DuckySpud

DuckySpud Loaded Pockets

Metallic. Can see them properly on Parkers website. I quite like the look, they look a bit more premium in the photos at least, not seen them in person.

[​IMG]

RMinNJ, TV09 and kkay like this.
  14. graveyard

graveyard Loaded Pockets

My favorite pen is a vintage Parker. Although not a Jotter, it's an International Flighter. It is just smooth and reliable.

[​IMG]

313 and kkay like this.
  15. kkay

kkay Uber Prepared

Ducky, they look good! I wonder if it has plastic clicky parts?

16. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

I think the internals will always be plastic now. Did any ever gave metal clicky parts?

17. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

For the new ones on the UK website the colored body is listed as "red chrome" etc.
    Does anyone know how durable they are? Will the color come off or wear down by the tip?

18. kkay

kkay Uber Prepared

I think the old ones had metal clicky parts. I could be wrong about that.

19. Rob_of_Kent

Rob_of_Kent Empty Pockets

Well here it is. I've splashed out on a new 2016 Parker Jotter in red.......these don't seem to be widely available yet but this one came from Executive Pens Direct in the UK.

[​IMG]

Last edited by Rob_of_Kent, Apr 15, 2016
  20. kkay

kkay Uber Prepared

I don't see a picture.