1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Paring knife for EDC

Discussion in 'Knives' started by porkchop, Sep 27, 2014.

1. porkchop

porkchop Loaded Pockets

Lately, I've been thinking of making a small fixed blade in a leather or kydex sheath part of my EDC.
    I know there are loads and loads of small fixed blades out there. But, I was considering a small paring knife as an alternative. They are usually inexpensive and available everywhere.

Does anyone out there carry a paring knife as part of their EDC?
    If you do what brand is it.

2. Cujobob

Cujobob Loaded Pockets

I considered picking up a Calton Cutlery small parer and using it as you suggest, but have yet to do so. They get rave reviews from a couple of guys I trust on Youtube (Cliff Stamp and Jeremy McCullen) and they're inexpensive for custom knives.

3. Dammen

Dammen Loaded Pockets

I carry a small Vic paring knife with a homemade Kydex sheath in my bag alongside a spork. Used mainly for foodstuffs tho :)

4. edd666666

edd666666 Loaded Pockets

My wife steals my Mora(carbon steel blade) to use in the kitchen, so you might want to give the Mora another look, they come in shorter blade lengths that might be what you want. Good luck, Ed.

5. porkchop

porkchop Loaded Pockets

I have a small Vic Paring knife that was in my EDC for years until my daughter found it in one of my old EDC bags.
    She has now claimed it as her table knife, as well as, my Lexan soup spoon.
    This is part of the reason I was rethinking the whole paring knife as EDC thing.

As it goes with all EDC items this will probably be a long and costly journey. ;)

6. jlomein

jlomein Loaded Pockets

Always thought the cheap AG Russell Woodswalker looked like a small paring knife.

[​IMG]

Also thought about getting a Shun Reserve paring knife for EDC. I know Shun has a bad rep with chefs for being overpriced and of poor design, but it is a great looking knife.

[​IMG]

porkchop likes this.