1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Paramedic Drug Bag (or FAK overkill!)

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by sharpkona, Dec 17, 2013.

1. sharpkona

sharpkona Loaded Pockets

Hi everyone,
    My mate gave me this drug bag as his dad designs them for a medical company and no longer had any use for it. They are used by paramedics and just look plain cool. This particular bag was designed for NETS (Newborn and paediatric Emergency Transport Service). I am a student paramedic, so i may use it for its intended purpose, or i might just use it to store random goodies, who knows!
    I thought id post it up here just to show Y'all ;)

[​IMG]
    IMG_3185 by sharpkona, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    IMG_3183 by sharpkona, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    IMG_3182 by sharpkona, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    image by sharpkona, on Flickr

2. Russ Prechtl

Russ Prechtl EDC Junkie!!!!!

That really would make a nice med bag!

bzimmerly likes this.
  3. Paramedic Bender

Paramedic Bender Empty Pockets

What're the trays with the cut-outs for? Drugs?! Looks really odd and to small for airways. It looks pretty well put-together though, nice bit of kit.

4. sharpkona

sharpkona Loaded Pockets

Yea the trays were collapsible and were for drugs, by the shapes I would say ampoules and viles. I would say the large pockets in the top of the bag would be for airway management etc.

5. eloha

eloha Empty Pockets

that would make a nice first aid bag for the car/truck

sharpkona likes this.
  6. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

If ammo boxes, muffs and glasses fit in the main section, and a couple of handguns fit in the front pocket it looks like a heck of a range bag also.

7. Paramedic Bender

Paramedic Bender Empty Pockets

OK, I see. A lot of the stuff we have comes pre-prepared so there are rows of elastic loops in which things are secured.

8. Ryan Grondin

Ryan Grondin Loaded Pockets

Very nice...

9. Russ Prechtl

Russ Prechtl EDC Junkie!!!!!

Ours too. We use the pre-loaded syringes like you're talking about for first-line cardiac meds and Dextrose, and the less-frequently used things like concentrated Epinepherine, Narcan, vasopressors, and narcotics usually come in vials and ampoules that would fit in those cutouts. That bag looks like it would be used more by a helicopter or fixed-wing critical care transport service that would carry paralytics, rapid-sequence intubation meds, and other esoteric stuff for longer-term care. The top compartments are probably for different size IV bags to mix medication drips with.

10. smellypaddler

smellypaddler Loaded Pockets

That bag is used by the Newborn Emergency Transport Service (NETS) and Paediatric Emergency Transport Service (PETS) in Victoria, Australia. They are an intensive care transport service that services a population of around 5,000,000 and covers an area of 227,000 sq. Km. There is one major children's hospital in Victoria (Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne) so when a child or newborn is critically injured or ill if the ambulance service can't get them straight to the Children's hospital via air then they are taken to the closest major regional hospital where they are stabilised before NETS/PETS retrieve them and transfer to the Children's hospital.

NETS is typically staffed by a doctor and specially trained paediatric intensive care nurse/midwife, hence the comprehensive drugs section.

11. metropolicity

metropolicity Loaded Pockets

Those trays are awesome! A friend of mine who is a rural emerg pediatric asked me to design something VERY similar in some insulated coolers she has fitted for her trunk. It's too bad she changed systems or this would of been a very great resource!

12. MedicInTraining
    • In Omnia Paratus

MedicInTraining Loaded Pockets

This is freaking awesome! I love it! Neann make all of our bags in my state. Drool worthy! Where are you studying?

13. sharpkona

sharpkona Loaded Pockets

At ACU Melbourne, you?