1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Paracord bracelet

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Cao87, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Cao87

Cao87 Loaded Pockets

I am looking to get a paracord bracelet but I don’t need a “survival” bracelet just a simple one that is adjustable and easy to put on and off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

A basic paracord bracelet is rather easy to make. There are several video tutorials on the internet. If you search “Mad Max paracord bracelet”, you will find some tutorials that are adjustable. Here is one example.

3. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

SOS24 is right on the money. The design in that video is the "Cobra Weave" also known as a Solomon Bar and is one of the easiest designs to make. The Mad Max Fury Road style is the easiest to adjust.

Another way to make an adjustable is by using a plastic buckle and a plastic cord clutch. Most craft stores will sell such things as well as 16 ft. sections of cord for a few bucks a piece. If you were only going to make one or two bracelets, one 16 ft. pack (good for two bracelets and maybe a couple zipper pulls) would be a few bucks cheaper than a 100ft section. The plastic buckles usually have two openings on one side, allowing you to run the extra cord back through the second hole and then knot it or put a cord clutch on it.

You could also make a less easy to adjust adjustable by making a loop of cord as long as your wrist is round. Instead of cutting it off at the knot, leave a few inches of paracord hanging past the knot. This would allow you to undo and retie the knot as needed or put a cord clutch on it.

#3 Water-Rat, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  4. Cao87

Cao87 Loaded Pockets

Ok I don’t really have the patience to make a bracelet is there any good ones on amazon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

You should be able to get a non-adjustable bracelet in most craft stores/department stores/sporting good stores etc. for around $5.

You can get them on amazon. The prices I saw ranged from $10 to $16.

If you search Mad Max Adjustable Paracord Survival Bracelet Tom Hardy Fury Road on amazon you should be able to find them. You can also find them on etsy.

That being said, it's a lot cheaper and way more fun to invest about $5 bucks plus an hour or so of your time to make your own. It's so fun when people see you wearing a custom bracelet and you get to say, "oh, that cool bracelet, yeah, I made it myself".

MCPOWoller likes this.
  6. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

You might also check etsy.com. I have not looked, but this just seems like the sort of thing that might be on that platform....

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

7. Cao87

Cao87 Loaded Pockets

So just got my new bracelet on Etsy is it normal for it to be a bit itchy and a bit stiff

8. Diezel

Diezel Loaded Pockets

Yes, that is normal. Depending on how tight it was weaved(I weave mine super tight) will determine how long it will take to loosen up. The itchiness will go away in a day or two after constant ware.

9. Cao87

Cao87 Loaded Pockets

Ok how do I know if it’s paracord or it’s just nylon because I don’t remember what it is when it was ordered

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

ummm. Why don't you just contact the seller or look at their website?

Moshe

11. Cao87

Cao87 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Here is my paracord collection

12. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

I gave up on the cobra weave bracelets - while they look nice, the difficult untie/retie made them emergency-use-only items. Moved to a chain sinnet/daisy chain knot that unites in 15sec and reties in ~3mins so the cord is actually useful on a regular basis.

13. Cao87

Cao87 Loaded Pockets

I got them on Etsy