1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Paracord bracelet with embedded keyrings

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by catenate, Nov 26, 2014.

1. catenate

catenate Loaded Pockets

I got to thinking: While I enjoy making paracord bracelets, and could use them in an emergency if I had time to unwind them, in the meantime they aren't all that useful, other than to signal to others that I make my own paracord bracelets. I also got to thinking, that there's a lot of things that clip to keyrings: they're like pipes, if you know the unix (eg linux) command line. Since I gave my last paracord bracelet to a kid, I needed to make another one, so I gave a try at combining them.

[​IMG]

The cobra stitch works nicely to hold the keyrings firmly in place. I actually wear it ring side up, though it's less attractive, because the ring side down pinches hairs, bends less, and the additional clearance of the rings up off my arm helps things flex while attached to the rings.

[​IMG]

Brtsmpsn, Unagi42 and ManVsLawn like this.
  2. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Interesting idea, do you attach anything to them.

3. BalancedEdge

BalancedEdge Loaded Pockets

Clever concept! There's also lots of neat buckles with usable tools while the bracelet is still braided. Check out Knottology, if you've not seen them before.

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  4. catenate

catenate Loaded Pockets

So far, as I worked with paracord, I've had occasion to tie a hollow paracord lanyard to the main ring, to hold my knife close to hand; and push through the rings various bits of scrap paracord cut away from the main length I'm working with. It's convenient to be able to dangle the cooling end of a piece after I seal it. I imagine it will be nice to be able to suspend things from my wrist and forget about them for a little while, rather than put them down and misplace them. So to actually answer your question, I don't yet carry anything on the bracelet as a matter of course; so far it's more like a temporary working area.

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  5. catenate

catenate Loaded Pockets

I really like the idea of adding functionality to the clasp. I don't use clasps, though, because 99% of the time a thick knot pushed through a tight loop works just as well, releases just as quickly, better secures the ends of the center piece, and ends up requiring more paracord, which is the point of the bracelet.