1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pants options

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by HimalayanHitman, Jan 31, 2014.

?

What Brand

1. Arc'teryx

33.3%
  2. TAD

33.3%
  3. Crye

33.3%
  4. Kitanica

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HimalayanHitman
    • In Omnia Paratus

HimalayanHitman Loaded Pockets

I need help, I want to upgrade my clothing and so far my upper torso is covered but what about pants, I have been looking at four manufactures (lets keep it to these four please :)) Arc'teryx, TAD, Crye, Kitanica.
    And to be specific on models for Arc'teryx the rampart, bastion, spotter..for Tad the force 10 rs, covert rs, legionnaire.. For crye the g3 combat and field.. And for kitanica the all season.
    I am a slim yet tall guy at 6'3" and 150 lbs, What is the fit like on these brands (TAD only goes to 34" and Kitanica to 32")
    Multiple options are welcome but keep in mind Arc'teryx is overseas produced (I like USA made)

2. Matthew03

Matthew03 Loaded Pockets

Mountain Khakis, you are welcome. I would have heeded your request to keep it to those you listed, but I own none of them.

Barchack, deeker and HimalayanHitman like this.
  3. Shanksmare

Shanksmare Empty Pockets

Of those listed, I only own Arc'teryx (Spotter and Rampart). You might find the Spotter pants a little too short. I am 6'3", 210 lbs and their 33.5" inseam does not reach my boots (especially after a few washes). The Ramparts are perfect with their 35" inseam. They are extremely lightweight and very tough.

HimalayanHitman likes this.
  4. deusvult

deusvult Loaded Pockets

Duluth Trading?

5. socaldavel

socaldavel Empty Pockets

Personally I LOVE my Kuhl Liberator convertible pants. Ok not an EDC wear, but certainly my go to pants whenever heading out on the trail. Yes they're convertible, but no not "dorky" at all. Very comfortable. Lightweight. Moisture wicking. Have good pockets. Dry fairly quick when wet and work well as both shorts and pants.

hunter s gatherer likes this.
  6. PPCApache
    • In Omnia Paratus

PPCApache Banned

I don't own any of the listed brands, but if I was going for any of them then TAD it would be, I currently wear Hard Yacka pants very solid pants very similar to the TAD's but a cheaper version, they can be worn for work or over the weekend.

7. ManVsLawn

ManVsLawn EDC Junkie!!!!!

Pants? We don't need no stinkin' pants.....

(Honestly, I wear pants only for special occasions. Wearing pants 'right near the beach' ,otherwise, occurs maybe 3x a year)

8. hunter s gatherer
    • In Omnia Paratus

hunter s gatherer EDC Junkie!!!

Right! Pants are not an option. This is not the South of France! Kuhls for me.

9. riot

riot Loaded Pockets

My TAD Force 10 RS and AC, as well as my Legionnaires, are the most comfortable pants I've ever owned. Coupled with the fact that they have 10+ pockets for all my EDC gear makes them the best pants I've ever owned.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk!

10. Lane DeCamp

Lane DeCamp Loaded Pockets

I've owned both Kitanica and Crye, plus various TAD, 5.11, Vertx, Blackhawk, etc. The Kitanica has a big :censored: and wide baggy legs to it -- it's tailored so the flexibility in the pant comes mostly from the room in the butt and then baggy knees so you can squat. That means a lot of noise as you walk, a lot of weight, and pants that are just baggy and make you look like you have too much of an :censored:. Just sayin'. The Crye has the same problem to a lesser extent, but the rise is a bit high so you have both a slightly baggy rear and a crotch that is pretty snug, not necessarily the most cosmetic or most comfortable. Both basically fit well if you are using them as true tactical kit, but if you want to walk around town, they are a bit limiting. And bear in mind that both scream tactical. You really look like a poseur, especially in the Kitanica. They've minimized the PALS this time around (their original pants were too much even for hunting or backcountry) but still they are a bit much.

The TAD are like most of the comparable pants at comparable prices. They are a very straight cut, sort of like Filsons and others. They have to fit you well or they just don't fit -- sounds obvious but they don't allow for body morphology, especially too thin or too heavy. The Legionnaires are a different thing and if you're considering the others, I'm not sure why Legionnaires are in the running -- they are a very heavy thick fabric. I'd never consider them except for cold weather and conditions where I wouldn't be happy in the Cryes you suggest. They are also very light on pockets, whereas the Cryes and Kitanicas have tons of storage. Again, I'd suggest you need to focus on what you need. You're picking some pants with completely different attributes and storage ability.

To go outside your choices, I'd suggest you take a look at Vertx. They are designed and made by Arcteryx, were designed on contract for the FBI to be their tactical pant, and they hold a lot without it showing. If you walk into a mall into Kitanics, you'll have people staring and security guards will follow you. The Vertx's are discreet. And they are magnificently made and while they don't take the knee pads and that kind of thing, they have much more practical features for anything but combat. They fit a tether really nicely if you're in a chopper, they are half-way stylish, and you don't look like you're pretending to be going into combat.

riot and HimalayanHitman like this.
  11. JackBauer2218

JackBauer2218 Loaded Pockets

I own two pair of crye G3 pant one in kahki and multicam but they are a bit pricey and very tough but I also love my vertx pants same great build quality just more reasonably priced.

12. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

VERTX, nice looking very comfortable, and they wear and wear and wear.