1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pack with 2 main compartments, one admin, tons of mesh inside?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Damon, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Damon

Damon Loaded Pockets

Okay guys, I haven't posted much here, but I have read a lot of threads in here. I need some help that I can't find through searching the forums. Sorry if this gets long and seems like my thoughts are all over the place.
    I can't make up my mind what bag I want/need for my perfect EDC bag. I have been switching around through all of the following.
    SOG ninja daypack
    SOG messenger
    SOG bandit sling

I usually try to carry all of the following on a daily. This is just stuff in the bag, not on my person.

Spare change of clothes: Shoes, socks, shorts/pants(depending on weather), shirt, underwear.
    Small medical kit.
    Small trauma kit.
    RX bottle, only have one rx.
    Spare flashlights and spare batteries.
    A few glosticks
    Hand sanitizer wipes.
    Hand warmers.
    Mechanix gloves.
    Pens, Marker, small notebook.
    Pen size razor knife.
    Small rolled up paracord.
    Battery charger pack: 13k mah
    Usb cords
    Small snacks
    Packed lunch(very rarely)
    Spare Glock 26 mag(loaded)

Does anyone make a pack with 2 large main compartments and then an admin out front? I would liek to seperate my clothing from the gear areas. All I have seen are packs with one large main, then admin out front.

I think that's about it, all I can think of anyways. Let me know what you guys carry in your pac every day.

Thanks, DR

#1 Damon, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  2. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

The Maratac bag looks like it would be a good quality bag, but to be honest it seems a bit expensive considering the style and options. Also, I would think that the shoulder straps would be uncomfortable bearing any significant weight, since they don't appear to be padded.

Just my personal opinion, but with your price range I would look at Kelty's line of daypacks. Most are well within your budget and would easily serve in the capacity you've listed.

3. Damon

Damon Loaded Pockets

Thanks, I've been rockin the SOG backpack, and a Fieldline tactical 5.11 clone lately. I just wish there was one more main or large compartment so I could seperate my clothes area, from my gear area. If there was one more compartment behind the main one with the two mesh pockets inside it would be the perfect pack.

4. Pepsi Jedi

Pepsi Jedi Loaded Pockets

1: Noone cares what your bag looks like but you. If you want to carry one that 'looks tactical' do it. Noone cares. It pops up now and then, but seriously, there's 10000s of types of bag out there. Noone really cares. The only people that are going to notice a 'tactical bag' are A) People like us, that might just nod and or tell you 'cool bag' if we see it. B) Maaaybe a cop but don't bet on it. Cops don't get 'bag training' and they would likely only reconize it if they're people like us and C) army guys.

B and C are zero problem what so ever UNLESS you're a criminal or doing something shady. A isn't a problem either unless you don't like people telling you about your bag.

The truth of the matter is that even if it's fully cammo with molle hanging off every inch, it doesn't matter. Camo is full mainstream. There is cammo onsies for infants, all the way up through designer cammo for every age group all the way to the grave. It's just a color scheme. And people not in the three groups above are just going to see a bag of ____ color.

but, that said

2: If you're wanting a bag like that but that is 'Not' tactical -and- under $100..... You're looking for a book bag. Maybe a cheep 'hiking pack' but that's going to come in a bright primary color and or look like a hiking bag. Check the back to school sections.

RoadWizard and echo victor like this.
  5. Damon

Damon Loaded Pockets

Gotcha, I think I will stay with this style, purely for the customization options.
    Now, I am using the SOG ninja daypack and Fieldline tactical Alpha ops day pack.
    Is there a better made bag out there around the same size with more inside organization and most importantly 2 main compartments behind the admin panel? All the ones I can find are just one large open area, then the admin out front. I would like to have one with 2 compartments in the back to seperate my clothing and shoes and stuff, and gear and med stuff in the other main compartment.
    Does anyone know of a pack like this right off the top of their head? I am willing to spend more now that I know exactly what I am looking for, just not an outrageous amount. Thanks!

6. Myrddraal

Myrddraal Loaded Pockets

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the 5.11 All Hazards Prime and Nitro bags. These both have two main compartments as well as a separate admin section up front.

Graywolf.dv likes this.
  7. Damon

Damon Loaded Pockets

I just changed the title and price requirements. I originally wanted to stay under $100 and find something "less tactical" But I have changed my mind(again) and now want to stay with something similar to what I have, just want one more main compartment to seperate my gear from my clothes.

8. Desertratt1322

Desertratt1322 Loaded Pockets

I would say 5.11 Rush 24, only problem it does not have 2 main compartments. Has a large Admin compartment, Has a total of 4 zipper compartments in the main area. You might be able to find one for around $100.00 to $130.00. I looked high and low for a new pack over the last several months and went back to my Rush 24. I fit all my EDC gear and a change of clothes when I travel and still have room to spare.

9. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

Check out the Wisport Sparrow, they do three sizes 16L, 20L and 30L and they are good...

10. Damon

Damon Loaded Pockets

Desertratt1322 likes this.
  11. Captdave13

Captdave13 Loaded Pockets

Northface Surge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AA Logan likes this.
  12. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

Might not be exactly what you want, but something to consider. It certainly has two large main compartments.
    http://en.tasmaniantiger.info/shop/backpacks/tt-mission-pack-mkii/

I have this backpack, and it seems very well built. I should add that I use it only as a range bag, so there might be details that would be an issue for EDC that I haven't noticed.

13. Damon

Damon Loaded Pockets

Well I think I have made up my mind. I am just going to get a 5.11 Rush 24 in doubletap color.. It doesn't have 2 main compartments, but I think it has enough internal pockets and side pockets to keep my gear out of the main compartment and leave that for my clothes and shoes and stuff. I have a $40 giftcard on Amazon to help out with the purchase, and these packs are proven to be one of the best, so I might as well go ahead and bite the bullet. I think I will be happy with all the organization it has to offer. Thanks for all the suggestions.

14. Damon

Damon Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]What site are you guys using to share photos now? Will google drive, or google photos work on here? I was going to post a couple pics of my current edc bag.

15. Damon

Damon Loaded Pockets

16. Desertratt1322

Desertratt1322 Loaded Pockets

I own a sandpiper SOC 3day, had it for over 5 years they are built tough. That looks like a good pack. I carried my for at least 3 years before changing to a R24.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

17. FLbeachbum

FLbeachbum Loaded Pockets