1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pack strap management.

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by DTM_Oskar, Apr 4, 2011.

1. DTM_Oskar

DTM_Oskar Loaded Pockets

I found a pretty cheap way to mange the slack on your backpack straps. Velcro tape! i just got all my annoying straps velcro'd and it feels like a different(better) pack!

2. Heavy_Hog

Heavy_Hog Loaded Pockets

Pics or it didn't happen!

:0)

3. ATCustom

ATCustom Loaded Pockets

4. leeenricoso

leeenricoso Loaded Pockets

5. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

6. Gabe

Gabe Empty Pockets

My pack is the Boreas Buttermilks 40. [​IMG]
    One of the cleanest packs you''ll find strapwise. The roll top means you never have to worry about zipper failure. A little large for EDC i know. But there is a 30L version called the Bolinas. To full capacity the straps aren't loose. But when it's not very packed they can be. They are easy to tuck away though in the stuff-it pocket on the front. The compression straps are a little hard to see, but they are on the top and bottom diagonal lines on the pack. This pack also has tuck away daisy chains and and tuck away loops on the bottom. Well this is turning into a pack review, on to the thread topic...

A good way to manage cords is with wire management velcro. Normally used for cord management for electronics found at any Source by Circuit City, Best Buy, Canadian Tire, etc. You can find it different sizes to suite your strap length and width. There is no "Sticky" glue to deal with, it just velcros together like velcro on wrist cuffs or shoes. Start by placing the velco perpendicular to the end of the strap to make a "T" then start rolling the strap with the velco in the middle. Once you reach the desired length, wrap the velco around itself.
    Tech Zone Chunky Large Velco (best for waist belts, found through google search, on Amazon)
    Velcro Reusable Self-Gripping Cable Ties (google this and it's on amazon)

Another solution I am using now are reusable rubber twist ties. Basically a hard durable rubber with bendable moldable wire inside it made by NITE IZE (oneof the best EDC makers I've seen). The 3 inch ones work well, but can be on the short side too. They come in 3", 6", 12", 18" and 24". Anythng longer than 3" is over kill since you can't shorten them. The 3 inch variety work well with straps that are about 1-2cm.

RoadWizard likes this.