1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

P238 or P938?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by chrischoi, Feb 8, 2013.

1. chrischoi

chrischoi Loaded Pockets

Made room for a new carry fire arm.
    I know the P238 is popular and a lot of people dislike the P939. Any opinions on here?

If I remember correctly a handful of members have the P238. Seems like people are snatching them up for $5xx.

Edit. Went through a couple posts, everyone is a 238 fan. Hmm. 238 - 938.

2. whyedc?

whyedc? Loaded Pockets

It really appears to be a choice between .380 and 9mm. I keep on looking at the P238 myself, but I traditional like DAO pistols so I don't know if I would ever get it. Not sure on the ammo prices, but I would guess that .380 might be easier to find right now, but who knows in the future.

3. gflack

gflack Loaded Pockets

My wife has the p238 and I am looking to have an ambi-safety installed so I can carry it in the summer. In the future I would like to get the p938 as my summer carry. I carry a 9mm currently and would like to keep the number of ammo types in my collection small. The p938 would allow me to keep the same carry ammo for both of my guns. In the end my goal will be to only have .380, 9mm, and .45 for handgun ammo.

4. zeke4351

zeke4351 Loaded Pockets

I have both of these guns and really like both of them. The P238 shoots softer than the P938 but I feel safer with the 9 mm.

5. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

938 for me.
    Nobody ever wanted smaller except Bond,James Bond.

I do also have a PPK and for me that is the .380 to get if you need one.

Ed

6. Nkelly226

Nkelly226 Loaded Pockets

My fiancé has the 938 I bought it in march for her birthday and I must say I love it and so does she it shoots sooooo nice and has a great trigger/feel and the recoil isn't bad either for it I was really surprised ! The only bad thing is pricing magazines for it and also trying to locate them

7. Curse The Sky

Curse The Sky Loaded Pockets

I think the 238 love / 938 "hate" mostly stems from the fact that there are only a few decent 380 ACP pistols on the market, but many, many 9mm pistols - even subcompacts.

8. Bkpker

Bkpker Loaded Pockets

I vote for the 938 all day long. My wife used to have a 238, but I bought her a 938 for christmas. She loves it, the recoil is not that bad and she can shoot it very accurately with no problems. The 938 has many advantages over the 238. The 9mm is more powerful by an order of magnitude, the grip is a little bigger and easier (in my opinion) to hold on to. It has excellent checkering on the frame of the pistol and an ambi safety. Also, 9mm ammo is usually easier to find and cheaper than .380 so you can practice more. Its only marginally larger in size than a 238.

If recoil is your main concern, I would compare the 938 very favorably with a J-Frame revolver firing extremely mild .38s. Its really not bad at all. My wife is a small lady and she has no problem whatsoever firing 124+p federal HST through it.

Nkelly226 likes this.
  9. Nkelly226

Nkelly226 Loaded Pockets

My fiancé is also small and she EDCs a p938 that I got her to replace her lcp and it is probably the smoothest shooting gun I've ever shot I was suprised for it to be so small how little the felt recoil was and she said it feels like she's "shooting with a cloud in her hand" hers also came with the hogue grips which are awesome !

10. Nkelly226

Nkelly226 Loaded Pockets

People with the p938 , any of you have an iwb holster? If so which? Trying to pick one for my fiancé , I'm thinking of going ahead and getting one that's crimson trace compatible since I plan to get her that soon

11. zim65

zim65 Empty Pockets

I use a Remora most of the time with the 938.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD