1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Outdoor Pan

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Thukydides, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Thukydides

Thukydides Loaded Pockets

2. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

I like it. But I prefer billy cans. It comes with a sort of frying pan/plate. Just use one of those handle grips. But I also use an old frying pan sometimes

Cheers

3. Thukydides

Thukydides Loaded Pockets

I thought it could be a bit tricky to screw out the handle and than back in in the woods. What kind of billy can are you using?

4. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

Nothing beats a vintage Griswold or WagnerWare #3 cast iron skillet for a small personal outdoor skillet. You can cook (fry or bake)most anything in them on a stove, grill, or on the fire, and the old pans are made nice and thin, light and smooth. They cook so nice, and the old smoothly polished pans are super easy clean up too. 6 1/2in top diameter, 5 1/4in bottom diameter, and 1 1/4in deep. Can readily be found at flea markets in the $20 range. Even if they are found rusty, they clean up like brand new with a little elbow grease. Of course you can get them in a variety of sizes, but the #3 is a nice single person camp size. A #6 might be a good compromise size for a couple. The WagnerWare pan pictured dates between 1922-24. The Griswold between 1931-39. Both are as functional today as the day they were first made. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#4 dmattaponi, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 3, 2020
    Moshe ben David likes this.