1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Otterbox Customer Service Review.

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by JasonAre, Feb 29, 2012.

1. JasonAre

JasonAre Banned

Bought the iPhone 4S Defender from an eBay seller, got the item in to find out the box was open and the holster that came with the case was missing. I contacted the seller and was ignored even after leaving negative feedback. Finally one of their “reps” emails me telling me it’s “not their problem” and to call Otterbox. I email Otterbox and explain to them what has happened. Without any questions or problems the rep messages me requesting my address, phone number, make and model of the case, and a serial number on the case. She offers me a free replacement. Needless to say I am very pleased with Otterbox as a company, eBay? Not so much.

Lesson learned- deal with the company itself and not resellers.

2. pumbaa

pumbaa Banned

I've been apart of ebay pretty much since it started. When they started letting Power Sellers on, it changed the 'yard sale' feel of ebay. Searching became a chore as there would be dozens of listings of the same items. I also found that sellers were not to my liking any more.. Sure some good ones, but I found it not as fun so I stopped using ebay nearly 6 years ago, though I still have an account.

I'll stick with Amazon.

3. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

The forum has been selling Otterboxes for a couple of years. Maybe it is time to expand into the phone cases.

4. JasonAre

JasonAre Banned

Honestly If you guys had the case’s in I’d just buy it from the store, I’m sick of eBay sellers.

5. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I was at first afraid of adding the phone cases as I have never seen one of them in real life. The regular storage boxes are great, I should have trusted that they would have made the phone cases right and got them.

6. xbanker
    • Administrator

xbanker Geriatric Admin
    Staff Member

Jason, thanks for sharing your positive experience with Otterbox. Sadly, that kind of service is becoming all too rare.

Otterboxes are top notch. Use a yellow 1000 with thin rubber fitted-lining for small digital camera on outdoor excursions, especially around water. Prefer Otter over Pelican (itself a good product, but ...).

If Jon does decide to bring Otter phone cases into the store, perhaps Jason would consent to doing a review (with a link to the forum store of course :-X ) Anything we can do to help the store ... helps Jon and the forum. Not to mention, a good review is always appreciated by this crowd.

Dan

7. D50boy

D50boy Loaded Pockets

I love companies like that. No hassle, just get the problem fixed and the customer happy.

8. JasonAre

JasonAre Banned

I’m glad I was able to get a replacement, I really like the case itself. It has a built in screen protector, is extremely grippy, comes with a holster ( or was supposed to heh heh).

9. Dr Jekell
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dr Jekell I had fun once, It was awful.
    Staff Member

Maybe offer them as a special order item?

10. Benjamin

Benjamin Loaded Pockets

I suggest the Magpul cases, I would pick up a few more of those in different colors.

11. bfayer1

bfayer1 Loaded Pockets

I lost my holster for my defender case. I emailed them asking how I could buy a replacement. A few hours latter I received an email saying I was being sent a replacement under warranty.

I was sure there was a mistake, so I called them and told them I wanted to BUY a new holster. They said "no you can have it for free".

I was in a state of shock so I couldn't argue back.

When I get a new phone I will get one that has an Otter box available just so they can have my business:)

Sent using Tapatalk

12. defuse kit

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

Just bought a Commuter Case. I bought it from REI thinking that if anything happened to the case, I could take it back to the store, but it seems as though that won't be necessary.

13. JasonAre

JasonAre Banned

I’m honestly never going to buy another case that’s not OtterBox ever again. With this service they have a lifetime customer now.

14. paaiyan

paaiyan Loaded Pockets

The product will do you well also, unless you get really unlucky. My Otterbox iPhone 4 case has saved mine plenty of times. It'd still be possible to drop it face down on a protruding rock and crack the screen, but more difficult to do so.

15. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

Seriously! I just got a replacement for my Commuter series Motorola Atrix case. <3 There are a couple of weak spots in the design and so cracks and chips developed after a few months of use (note that I've actually NEVER dropped my phone in the past 8 or so months that I've owned it) and without batting an eye they sent me a new one. :D

16. Studley

Studley Loaded Pockets

Otterbox has GREAT customer service. My boss' wife's otterbox rubber tore and they are shipping a new one out. I sell more of those otterboxs than any other case.

ALSO FYI:
    I heard that Otterbox is replacing all otterboxs with the white plastic because it messes with the Iphone ambient light sensor. I haven't seen anything official but one of my coworkers told me. Thats why all the new "Iphone 4S" cases are shipping with grey plastic.

I had a black one and as soon as I saw the OD Green I bought the first one we received!

17. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave Loaded Pockets

I've never had a problem with the 3 OtterBox Defender cases I've owned (iPhone 3, iPhone 4, iPad 2). A friend however managed to break the belt clip on his iPhone 4 Defender holster. He called OtterBox to buy a replacement and they express shipped one to him for free, to Canada. The shipping charges were close to $30 if I remember correctly.

I don't know how they can afford to do something like that when the case and holster retail for $55, but the good will they have generated in addition to now having a couple more spokesmen in the wild must make it worthwhile. I certainly won't hesitate to buy more of their products and to promote them.

Dave

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk