1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

"Other Every Day Carry Items", how about Tattoos?

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by bruner, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Tango 191

Tango 191 Loaded Pockets

I want one, but i cant think of anything that really stands out to me, i was thinking of doing a quote maybe across my chest, or a American flag type of design on my upper arm

2. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

I have 3, here's 2, i need to get one of them fixed, and i want to get more,
    [​IMG] on the bottom it has my two kids names [​IMG] The Mad Plumbarian, this is the one that needs work, I was thinking of going over it with "The Punisher" skull, and getting he pipe wrenches bigger and better,,,
    [​IMG] this would be my next one i would get in honor of my grand-fathers, father and father-in-law, who all served, I blurred out names, and i would have to leave the two dates open,,, JR

3. Brew

Brew Loaded Pockets

Like the one honoring those that served. Have been thinking about doing something similar, but using rank or theater colors to honor my grandfathers, father and brother.

4. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

Cool, im not to fancy on colors, thats why i wanted just the flag to be in color. JR

5. illusion

illusion Loaded Pockets

Got two tattoos... Took me a long time to figure out what I wanted, so when I got kids I tattooed their name and birth date on the lower arm.
    The second one is Polynesian style on my upper arm(all black and has a meaning to it)..

6. 50ft-trad

50ft-trad Loaded Pockets

Honestly - I don't get it!

Never really been a fan of tattoos, either to look at or to wear. Nothing against those who choose to go down that route, but body adournment of all kinds just leaves me cold. Both my brothers have them, and a few of my friends, and I even thought about IF I ever did - what would I chose to wear (in ink) about my person for the rest of my life - and failed to come up with anything that I would be happy to wear. Nothing against them or those who wear em - but not for me. Thankfully I can be unique enough without the need for ink :)

Each to their own - but I'd be interested to hear WHY people chose to be imprinted for life with whatever they wear.
    Which came first the desire for a tattoo then the decision of what to have - or the design/motto/name and the desire to carry it for life?

7. Rev. Chuck

Rev. Chuck Loaded Pockets

I have a few, In my right arm from the shoulder to the elbow, left shoulder some tribal ink and both my shins.

Soon my whole left arm will be covered by a whole sleeve

8. MatBlack

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

I got my tattoo when I was 19. I'm 42 now and most days I forget I even have it. I was smart and got it on my shoulder and it is hidden unless I wear a tank top. If I woke up tomorrow and it was gone I wouldn't miss it. I'm glad I didn't go overboard; what seems cool at 19 isn't necessarily going to stay cool. People do judge you based on appearances and your choice now could limit you a few years down the road. Tattoos weren't as popular when I got mine...that's what made me want one. Now soccer moms have them. For me, the coolness factor has diminished.

9. lazybusinessman

lazybusinessman Loaded Pockets

i have a bunch. one on each arm, my entire chest is covered, i have a big piece started on my ribs, and one on each leg that are pretty big. i love all of them, and plan on getting a lot more.

just do your homework and check out a lot of shops/artists. im super picky when it comes to who does my stuff....ive only been to a few people because i found a guy that i liked, and he has done almost all of mine.

10. edsea

edsea Loaded Pockets

Tribal *** antlers on my low back, just kidding. Had a tattoo on my leg once, had it removed.

11. Tombstone

Tombstone Loaded Pockets

I have an M.C. Escher woodblock print on my right forearm, surrounded by the name of my best friend and the day she was killed. On my Left shoulder I have what I suppose I would call an artsy representation of a sunrise and a scroll with the name of my cousin and the day she was killed on it.
    I believe that all tattoos should have a purpose. Neither of them has a tombstone to show they ever existed, but they've got my arms.

12. Firedrow

Firedrow Loaded Pockets

I love the idea of a tattoo, the individualism and uniqueness is attractive I think. But I just don't have anything currently that I wish to be permanently attached to my body. If I ever find something that screams to me, or if I end up starring in Momento, I'll get it inked.

13. ironmonkey

ironmonkey Loaded Pockets

this is mine upper right shoulder
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. LivingUpNorth

LivingUpNorth Loaded Pockets

My thoughts exactly. I also got mine (a small, tribal dragon on my right deltoid) when I was 19 and in the Navy. I don't regret it, but it's not terribly special either.

As far as picking a design, I read an interview with Kat Von D (from the show L.A. Ink) and she says to find a design you like and post it on your refrigerator for a year. If you still like it after a year, you can feel confident about making it permanent. If I were to get another tattoo, I would try that. Perhaps not for a whole year, but you get the idea.

15. Bard

Bard Loaded Pockets

heh, im proud enough of it. maybe not how i got it.[​IMG]
    guy who did it argued about doing the knotwork in black... wish i would have argued alittle more. its alittle on the dark side... not as obvious id have liked, but i like the fade work... prolly needs some touch up.

16. urso

urso Loaded Pockets

Well, I've got sveral. Been getting inked since I was 19. I favor the Asian traditional style, and have a 3/4 sleeve in black and grey on the right arm and chest.

Ya know, it's more or less true that tattoos can be an addictive thing. You get one, and then you start thinking about how cool it would be if you got another one, and where and what it would be. And so on...

Nice ink by the way Griffin!

17. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

don't have any, glad I never got any

18. bud760
    • In Omnia Paratus

bud760 Loaded Pockets

i have a tattoo down my spine about a foot long. its my last name in my islands script so it represents myself and my culture. i thought it out for years before actually getting it. it does get addicting and i would like to add to it. i'm in search of another design and artist to complement it on my back but if i never find one i'm content with it by itself. i'm checking out guru tattoo's website now that freestyleassassin suggested ;D part of the fun in getting a tattoo is finding the design you want for the rest of your life and finally getting it inked on your skin. the location is important as well like others have said above. if you found an artist that you like don't lowball their price since you'll have it for the rest of your life. they might make a "mistake"

19. dewildeman

dewildeman Loaded Pockets

1. Get something that has a deep meaning for you, not something that might be popular at the moment. Remember those pictures of you in the dorky shirt 10 yrs ago? That tattoo of Rich Ashley (or insert current pop star) may look cool now put think of having to explain that to your grand kids.

2. It doesn't matter if it's a tat of a butterfly or teddy bear, there are going to be some people that will think less of you because you have a tattoo.

3. Ink has come a long way, how will it look in 30 years? Who knows?

Here's mine, got it last year at the young age of 55. It's a Star Knot. I'm sure I'll get more.
    [​IMG]

kertap75 likes this.
  20. Frstr8

Frstr8 Loaded Pockets

Work in progress.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]