1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Other EDC tools

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by kmdesigns, Jan 27, 2010.

1. kmdesigns

kmdesigns Empty Pockets

Next to your multi-tool , what other kinds of tools do you frequently carry?

2. Synaptic Misfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

Synaptic Misfire Loaded Pockets

Hex keys, you cannot believe how much these come in handy.

3. houdini28

houdini28 Loaded Pockets

If I know I am going to need another tool or doing a specific task then I will grab it or my tool box. Otherwise, I do not EDC any other tools other than a multitool, typically a Victorinox Spirit.

4. unterhund

unterhund Empty Pockets

A Garrity four-in-one screwdriver from Home Depot. I have it mainly for the eyeglass bit, which is about a jillion times easier to work with than the one on my otherwise beloved Leatherman Pulse.

5. kmdesigns

kmdesigns Empty Pockets

Gotta love that Victorinox Swiss Spirit. Im a Victorinox guy all the way. I also EDC screwdrivers from home depot. I have the 8 in 1 phillips and slotted screw driver as well as the 8 in 1 torx screwdriver for my knives.

6. inzelique

inzelique Loaded Pockets

i always heve my Versa Driver (works with my SOG 1/4" driver) and a full set of bits for the Surge. Also a superknife hobby knife, retractable Xacto, and if I think I'll need it a full set of 1/4" scerwdriver bits.

7. TempestV

TempestV Loaded Pockets

4 in 1 screwdriver- it's a little smaller than most 4 in 1's I've seen, and uses 1/4" bits, which means that I can substitute in regular 1/4" bits for more versatility.
    Electricians scissors- I modded them and added a pocket clip so that I could hook them next to my knife. They beat the small scissors found on multitools hands down.
    Small channel locks- they fit nicely in the longer pocket on the right side of my Carhartts, and if I put my cellphone in the shorter pocket, then neither will fall out. With either one missing, I have to worry about the other falling out.
    Folding utility knife- sometimes, I need to cut something that I don't to touch with my good knife.

8. Dirty Bob

Dirty Bob Loaded Pockets

SwissTech Screwz-All and SwissTech Utili-Key. Both give me screwdrivers of various sizes, and the Utili-Key has a bottle opener!

Regards,
    Dirty Bob

9. woolfam

woolfam Loaded Pockets

I carry one of these:

[​IMG]

I do I.T. work, and I use this screwdriver often.

10. Dafabricata

Dafabricata Loaded Pockets

I carry the Atwood Wingnut and found it a very useful tool. I'm actually suprised how much it gets used! I hope I am able to score a metric version if/when they come out.
    A JDR "Beta" is on my keyring and gets used a lot too.
    I also have a small selection of 1/4" bits for use with the Atwood

Oh course I have a leatherman Ti with bit kit in my backpack also.

11. ACHË

ACHË Loaded Pockets

Mini 5" Adjustable Wrench - For nut & bolts that are two sided or when there are a LOT of them, this beats my MT's for speed & comfort.

LED 5~150V Voltage Detector - A really convenient little device that functions as a safety precaution if I'm working on home wiring that's also very effective on auto wiring. It's a tiny thing at barely 2oz. and it only detects voltage by lighting up.

Mini Tape Measure - This I use a lot for all sorts of things...

Mini 9" Pry Bar - A lot of people here carry some form of these and for a good reason. They are very practical and can reduce the wear on your MT for heavy duty applications. Plus this item crosses into the emergency/rescue category. I carry a 9" Wunder-Bar pry bar and it can pry open doors, dislodge AC units & I imagine that it could wedge itself and possibly open some stuck car doors or elevator doors.

Pocket REF - I consider this little book a tool.

Of course if I know beforehand that I'm going to be working on a certain task that will require special or full-sized tools I'll take those as well.

But to be perfectly honest... Most of the times, for the types of things I do, all I need is a quality Multi-Tool.

12. jegrundh

jegrundh Loaded Pockets

8" adjustable wrench for my lighting class. Also carry the beloved mini-pry bar :)

13. robertrock

robertrock Loaded Pockets

VersaTool from CountyComm (slotted, phillips, torx bits)
    Stanley 2 x 2-headed bit
    Small visegrips
    1/4" Ratchet handle
    mini prybar

14. plucks

plucks Loaded Pockets

Little keychain sized prybar for me. At work, I use it to pry open hard drive enclosures.

15. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

I carry a ruler (a little 3 inch steel one). I never would have guessed how handy it would be until I always had it with me.

16. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

At work( when I had a job) I carried a large CountryCom prybar for small pry jobs and combo locks, also their screwkeys. And that Gerber folding knife that you use razor blades in. Plus a Leatherman MT(old Charge) Not including all my regular electrical tools.

17. StealthChaser13

StealthChaser13 Loaded Pockets

swiss tech utilikey, and a double ended precisions screwdriver (one end philips, one end flat)

18. ironmonkey

ironmonkey Loaded Pockets

res-q-me tool.always good to be prepared:)

19. VinnyP
    • In Omnia Paratus

VinnyP Loaded Pockets

On my keyring amongst the other goodies I have an Atwood Area 51 Keyton.
    Most work days and occasionally on other days I have an EDC pouch in my bag with a fair few tools: Leatherman TTi with bit set & extension and a Spydertool are both MTs I suppose.
    This also holds tool wise:
    A vintage folding corkscrew that also comes with an interchangeable flat screwdrivers, bradawls and a spike.
    A well worn Atwood Bug out bar.
    And a small butane soldering iron/torch which has come in handy a few times.

20. PrenticeRitter

PrenticeRitter Empty Pockets

A lighter for lighting kerosene torch.