1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Osprey Manta 20 bladder question..

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Schuey2002, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Schuey2002

Schuey2002 Loaded Pockets

I just snagged a used (but still in excellent condition) Osprey Manta 20 pack recently.

[​IMG]

The seller did not include the stock 'Hydraulics' bladder with the pack and I need to find something to replace it.

I have seen a few shots of these packs and it looks like the stock bladders really do eat up a lot of interior space in the pack. Is that true, or is it just in my head? And if that is the case, what other bladder would you recommend that I pick up for it?

I was checking out a Source WXP bladder online the other day, but I don't know if either the 2L or 3L model would fit it. Anyone own one? Do you have any thoughts on using either this particular bladder, or maybe one from Camelbak or some other brand in these packs?

Thanks!

2. Bullosa

Bullosa Loaded Pockets

I own the Manta 25 and finds that the framed Nalgene bladder so much easier to slot into the bladder compartment then any other bladders I have. I'd recommend it.

3. Schuey2002

Thanks!

Do you find that the bladder eats a good portion of the interior space of the pack? Well, at least the main compartment?

4. Bullosa

Bullosa Loaded Pockets

Not really. It is more likely the curved internal plastic frame separating the main compartment from the bladder slot that causes the squeeze. You could try removing that frame and see if it frees up more space. You can access the frame from the bladder compartment.

5. Schuey2002

Thanks again for the information! :)

I guess I'll just go ahead and pick up a stock 3 liter bladder to try out in it..

ETA: I found an older (circa 2003) Camelbak 3 liter bladder tucked away in a box in my closet. After a quick cleaning, I filled it up with water, and tried it in this bag. It slid right in like it was made for it. There is even a little loop at the top of the hydration pocket to hang it from. I just wanted to point that out...