1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Ordered from Muyshondt, no response in 7 days?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by quattrokid73, Aug 9, 2011.

1. quattrokid73

quattrokid73 Loaded Pockets

Hey all,

I ordered a Muyshondt Aeon from Muyshondt directly. It was 7 days ago. Very excited for the light. Seems like he makes the best EDC light there is. I've already picked up some extra CR2's.

I know he's a small operation, but I've not heard anything since my automated Paypal receipt response. I sent an email a few days ago and have not gotten a response for that either. Is this normal for Muyshondt?

When I ordered my Arc AAA-P Cowboy edition a few years ago I had a slow response time. Another similarly small company. Anyone else have experience ordering from Muyshondt directly? Just a bit concerned.

Thanks,
    Adam

2. mattp

mattp Loaded Pockets

I ordered a light from Muyshondt around the 21st of July, and didn't hear anything for a fortnight or so other than the Paypal receipt, sent an email through and got a response 2-3 days later. Enrique had apparently been on holidays, maybe he's still catching up with emails and orders? From all accounts the Aeon sounds awesome anyway, I'm looking forward to getting this one! I went with the titanium with warm LED, what did you choose?
    Cheers,
    Matt

3. quattrokid73

Hey Matt,

I went with the normal temperature in HA Natural color. No Ti for me on this one. Do you know when your light will be shipping? I just want to know what to expect. I understand it might take a while.

-Adam

4. mattp

mattp Loaded Pockets

Apparently it was to be shipped out this past Monday, so it should be en route. I'm not expecting it for another week or two though, these things tend to take a while to get down here to Australia. Enrique was saying over on CPF that there were only a few Ti bodies left, with no immediate plans for another run, so I thought I'd better jump on one while I could. He seems very well respected over there, so I'm sure you won't have any problems.
    Enjoy your light when it turns up, cheers, Matt.

5. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

Have you tried emailing him directly ?
    he uses the username "Endeavour" over on CPF

I preordered a Neutral TI one when they were announced, and it took a little while for it to be finished and posted out.

Enjoy your light when it arrives (and you wont be needing the spare CR2s for a long while, the battery life is awesome)

6. quattrokid73

Hey Echo,

I emailed directly a few days ago. Will try again tonight or tomorrow. As long as I can find out what to expect when. I feel safe with a respected community member like Enrique, so waiting is fine.

As for the spare CR2's. I should certainly hope so!!! $15 for two Duracells at the local store :-P

7. quattrokid73

Enrique emailed me today. Said that my light should ship out Monday and also answered a few different questions I had. Very nice of him to email me, and I'll be sure to report back once the light arrives!

8. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

You will love it. Enrique is brilliant at making lights that you'll want to carry and use everyday.

9. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

+1
    i love mine, easily the best quality light i own - and reasonably priced too (for the quality you get)

10. mattp

mattp Loaded Pockets

Did you get your light yet? I'm still waiting unfortunately, I've just emailed Enrique to see what's happening, hopefully the package hasn't been lost!
    Cheers, Matt

11. quattrokid73

Hey man,

About a week ago he said my light was only a few days till completion. I emailed him yesterday asking for a status report and am yet to hear back.

I'm guessing things are just moving slowly right now. Perhaps your light hasn't been shipped yet?

Let me know if you hear back and I'll do likewise.

12. mattp

mattp Loaded Pockets

I just heard back from Enrique, turns out he's been extremely busy lately which explains the delay. My light is built and should go out this week. I'm relieved that it's not MIA in the post, it should be worth the wait.
    Cheers,
    Matt

13. quattrokid73

Same! I hope he knows my checking in with him was no rush. Glad our lights are in route and I can't wait to get mine. I bought an Atwood landslide here on EDCF and made my own Atwood style lifeline for it.

Enjoy your Aeon when it comes. be sure to post photos!

14. quattrokid73

I received my Aeon today from Enrique. It's unreal. Truly an amazing tool. The light is superbly made, and incredibly intuitive to use. The beam is a great flood with a hearty spot at the core. High and low are properly spaced. I can not believe how much light comes from such a tiny light. It makes my Arc AAA-P look like a Maglite Solitaire :-P

Not to trash the Arc, because it's a different light with a different goal, but I am very excited my keychain light can pack this much punch now.

I know I started this thread regarding my concern for the time it took to hear from Enrique, but he has been overly busy with work related things. He was overly apologetic, as I have no problem waiting for such an insanely well made product. He included a few extra CR2's and a little lanyard to thank me for waiting, which he did not have to do. I can't thank him enough. American manufacturing on the smallest scale with the greatest of quality.

15. Rawls

Rawls Loaded Pockets

My aeon us my most carried and used light by a landslide. They are awesome.

16. bltkmt

bltkmt Loaded Pockets

+1 with me...in my pocket every day. Wish I had bought a red one when they were available, but still love mine.

17. mattp

mattp Loaded Pockets

My Aeon arrived today. Enrique also enclosed some batteries and a lanyard, along with a letter explaining the delay, which was much appreciated. The light itself is beautiful, lovely knurling, and the warm beam is great. I would highly recommend this light, the size, output, and workmanship add up to a great package and I foresee it getting a lot of use. It's basically the same size as the 4sevens Quark Mini CR2 Ti I've got, I haven't had a chance to compare the outputs directly, but the beam on the Aeon is much more pleasing to the eye. The workmanship is much nicer on the Aeon, but it costs over 3x more, which must be taken into account. Anyway, many thanks to Enrique, it's been well and truly worth a little bit of a wait for a light that will no doubt give me a good many years of service. Cheers, Matt

18. quattrokid73

Man this thing is so nice I am anxious to put it on my keyring and begin wearing that anno down! Loving this light.

19. quattrokid73