1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Ordered a TK12!

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by MrDanW, Jun 22, 2010.

1. MrDanW

MrDanW Empty Pockets

I ordered a Fenix TK12 R5 yesterday. This is my first entry into the world of flashlights which are better than a Maglite. Planning to use it as my primary EDC light. I've got a spare pocket in my pants which was just begging to be filled. It should make my night walks more fun and be a lot lighter than the 2D Maglite I've been using.

No real purpose to this thread other than to be excited. Now I just need to wait for the United States Postal Service to deliver it to my door. :)

2. bernardo

bernardo Loaded Pockets

Congratulations!!!

You get a very good LED flashlight. Now you need to get a pair of 18650 rechargeable batteries and a charger. Try to get 18650 3.000mAh.

Cheers!!

3. Ajax

Ajax Loaded Pockets

I got my wife one to replace her weak sauce incan Streamlight PolyStinger.

Prepare to be blown away.

4. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

congrats,,,you will love it and wonder why you didnt do this sooner..

5. MrDanW

MrDanW Empty Pockets

I've got a lot of CR123a sitting around the house now. I'll use those first. It'll give me time to scrape up some pennies for those expensive batteries.

Thanks guys! I can't wait for it to arrive.

6. sjmack

sjmack Loaded Pockets

You'll love the TK12. The TK11 was my first 'real' light, and it is extremely well built and gives you a lot of lumens.

7. Perfectful

Perfectful Banned

Congutrations,you got a very good flashlight!

8. MrDanW

MrDanW Empty Pockets

It arrived today! I haven't had much of a chance to put it through its paces, but this thing is incredible. It's far brighter than my Maglite and it's SO much smaller and lighter. I can't wait to take it out at night and turn night into day. :)

9. watchcollector1968

watchcollector1968 Loaded Pockets

Congratulations on the new light...excellent choice.

10. Perfectful

Perfectful Banned

Congrautulations !a nice flashligt you have been collect !

11. conquer88

conquer88 Loaded Pockets

you buy surefire LX2 better UI and excellent quality compare to fenix .....If price is your concern buy SF e2dL almost same price with tk12 excellent for nightwALK because of the crenelated bezel for selfdefense

12. frosty

frosty Empty Pockets

What a great first light.

13. watchcollector1968

watchcollector1968 Loaded Pockets

Why do some people respond like this?

I have Surefire and Fenix lights. Both are quality lights. Surefire may be the best of the best, but that certainly does not diminish the quality of Fenix.

14. MrDanW

MrDanW Empty Pockets

I know Surefire makes great flashlights, but neither of those were for me. Both of those are more expensive than the TK12 - the LX2 is ~$200, while the E2DL is about $150. I got a TK12 for $75. I have no intention of using my light as an impact weapon. This light is expensive. I'd rather hit them with something else.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I've gotten quite attached to this flashlight already. I have now found yet another way to spend all my money. :)

15. Skipperbrown

Skipperbrown Loaded Pockets

Surefire may be the gold standard, but I have about 8 fenix lights of various sizes and configs and use at least one of them everyday, including the tk12, and I've never once been disappointed. I think they are one hellofa bang for the buck. Enjoy your new torch!

16. locknload223

locknload223 Loaded Pockets

Almost the same price? Are you kidding me???
    And yes, why would you come here posting this on someone's thread who's excited about what they just purchased. That would be like you posting up that you just bought a Mustang then I answered with, "You should have bought a Porsche, they're nearly the same price and it's excellent quality compared to the Mustang."
    That's pretty ****** dude.

ANYWAY!

Congrats on the TK12, I just picked up a TK11 and couldn't be happier with the quality of Fenix. As others have stated, you'll love yours.

17. AcesQ

AcesQ Loaded Pockets

Thats cool. I don't have the TK12 but I saw it on the net with alot of positive comments. I've a LD20 with me, drop it 2 times but it's still working fine. Fenix make good flashlights, and I guess you won't be disappointed with your new TK12.