1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on this Sector brand watch?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Redhed, May 11, 2006.

1. Redhed

Redhed Loaded Pockets

What do you guys think of this watch?

Sector 250: http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=1575628

I am not really a watch guy (too many gadgets, too little cash), but want something decent. I am trying to scale back from a Tissot T-Touch to something more attainable. I am attracted to the analog/digital types. Easy to read, but doesn't look nerdy; and a stop watch is nice too. Googled around a little bit and it seems like Sector has some nice Swiss made stuff, and Japanese movements too (which I am sure the 250 is). Also seems like Sector may be out of business or something though (hence the "Overstock"). No official website, although it might have been www.sectornolimits.com ???

2. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I like it.

I have owned a Model 650 since '01. It is a bruiser; big, hefty, and tough.

3. stillphoto

stillphoto Loaded Pockets

I dont know too much about Sector these days...I was researching them around '99-00 and at that point they were pretty solid, albeit somewhat under the radar. I dont know about now, but back then, they seemed to have 2 distinct levels of watches. There were the watches that topped out around $500-700, and then watches that were in the 1000-1500 range. They all seemed to be of pretty good quality.

I must recomend the Invicta line of watches to you. I found one in a watch store this past december and was blown away. Its huge, solid, has an automatic movement (japanese) and is very good looking. All for $150. My usual watch is an titanium Oakley timebomb with a carbon fiber face. That watch retailed at around 10x the price of the Invicta, and I now treat the Invicta as if it were the better watch...not always wearing it, making sure I dont ding it..ect. Just food for thought...Happy watch hunting.

4. Redhed

Redhed Loaded Pockets

I ended up getting the watch - found a NIB one on eBay for under $60 shipped!  For the money, I like it a lot.  The reverse LCD is cool, but a little hard to read in some lighting (as I expected it might be based on past experience with an MP3 player with a reverse LCD display).  Should last me a good while.  I am a little unsure about Sector brand also - no web presence that I can find and the amount of them available on eBay and Overstock.com suggests they may be out of business...  For $60 I don't care though. 

5. stillphoto

stillphoto Loaded Pockets

Yeah at $60 you have something for the most part cheaper than a fossil a lot less common.

6. Breadman

Breadman Empty Pockets

I've got a sector 550 from afew years back and have had no problems. Swiss made, Italian styling... a great combo.they are still around and have good reputations.

7. roknrandy

roknrandy Empty Pockets

I've got the 550 also....love it.

8. Buffalohump

Buffalohump Loaded Pockets

Digital? G-Shock!

;D