1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Opinel "outdoor" knife. Is this what you'd want in an opinel?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by DollarStoreLurker, Feb 25, 2012.

1. houdini28

houdini28 Loaded Pockets

I wonder if the shackle key is their version of the Spyderco Hole, but is being called a shackle key for the sake of legalities and/or marketing?

I was unaware Opinel was expanding their line. Like others, this knife is not for me. I like the whistle; I thought it was clever when it was added to the Tool Logic Knives. I do not care for the serrations though or the price. I'd rather purchase a classic no. 8 and a Fox 40 whistle for half the cost of this knife, and even then I'd rather purchase a different tool altogether.

2. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

Looks very nice :).. Would i buy it? No.. It will send me to jail in my country.. Im not really sure if this 'platform' is the best for a survival knife, i dont think that the classic twist opinel lock is suitable for a survival situation.. I would prefer a lock back knife.. Maybe if they update the lock it will be perfect cuz i love the form factor.. (Sry for crap english)

3. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Loaded Pockets

I was about to say it's not really a survival knife when I actually read the description:

Uhhhhh...

4. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

I don't use a shackle key, and I dislike serrations, plus it's fugly, so I won't be getting one anytime soon.