1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Only one watch?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by sak_collector, Oct 19, 2006.

1. bquinlan

bquinlan Loaded Pockets

I'm another member of the Eco-Drive fan club. My "one-watch" choice would be the Citizen Skyhawk Titanium.

[​IMG]

I wear this one nearly all the time as it is and I love it! It's tough, reliable, and incredibly accurate. (Who else uses a thermocouple to adjust for temperature variations?)

--Bob Q

2. kamkazmoto

kamkazmoto Empty Pockets

I've only had one for the past 20 years. it is a Rolex Date and it is worn 24/7. Before the Rolex I used to need a new watch every two or three years. This one has been in for service twice. Thats all.

3. Deaths Head

Deaths Head Banned

Have any of you guys have heard of the brand Orient? If you haven't, gotta check them out. I just discovered them, and they are awesome. Along the lines of Seiko and Citizen, but styling is different. Quality is comparable to Seiko, better than Citizen. I just purchase one, and I'll post pics as soon as I get it.

4. Abouna

Abouna Loaded Pockets

Yes, Orient's are nice, here is a blurb about them (plus a good place to get them).

Junkers are really nice also, and not too expensive, see them here NOTE: many of these are Ti, I love the design on many of these.

5. luigi

luigi Loaded Pockets

bquinlan: I also have a skyhawk but a black-eagle version.
    I love to do calculations with the Bezel to impress friends :)

Luigi

6. Deaths Head

Deaths Head Banned

That's some good info Abouna. I've only seen Junkers while lurking the watch forums. Didn't know they were mostly Ti. Nice looking watches. Leans towards classic military styliing. Prices are good too.

7. russtang

russtang Loaded Pockets

I think the ORIS line of watches is the best value around. I have a few and they are all my favorites. :)

8. bruner

bruner Loaded Pockets

I only have one, and I customized it for my own needs.  Don't wear it all that often becuase, both my PDA and celphone have time.  Mine is a Timex "twist & pull" (I think that's what it's called).  I love how this thing works.  I can set an alarm for under or over 60 minutes and the Indiglo is bright enough to use as a flashlight, plus it tells me what the date is.  All I did was file off the top two wristband posts and add a salvaged clip from a Chinese watch to make it more of a pocket/clip watch.

Here's a picture:
    [​IMG]

Dan

9. PSM

PSM Empty Pockets

GSAR by Marathon: Chock full of Tritium!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Peter Atwood

Peter Atwood Empty Pockets

Unfortunately I have a very bad case of Timitis. It's a debilitating condition, in fact could be fatal if my wife catches wind of it. :) Actually she's well aware that I have them, just not of the cost of these things. :-X

So I can't pick just one. My current favorite top 5 which I rotate through constantly throughout the day in an attempt to keep them all running:

Stowa Marine Original, manual wind
    Stowa ProDiver, lime green dial
    Limes Endurance, yellow dial
    Damasko DA-36
    Sinn U1

All German brands. There's something really wonderful about the German watches and I like them much better than most of the Swiss or Asian made watches.

11. Buffalohump

Buffalohump Loaded Pockets

Peter,

Couldn't agree with you more....

Sinn, Marcello C and Philippe Rosen & Cie here... all German!

Couldn't part with any of them!

12. Colby

Colby Empty Pockets

I traded for this Seiko a 4 years ago and have been wearing it 98% of that time. Looks dressy but has a sapphire crystal, which has taken a beating. Best thing it's thin, at 7mm thick it make the watch I've been thinking about a questionable thing at 13mm.

For the time being I'm going to keep with it. Cause if it aint broke you can't fix it.

But someday... I will say Sinn 656.

Attached Files:

13. gadgetjunky

gadgetjunky Loaded Pockets

14. SF1

SF1 Banned

I would say my Rolex Submariner Date. I have a good size Rolex collection, and of all, this is still my favorite.

SF1

15. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Loaded Pockets

I would have to stick with my IWC Fliegerchronograph. I've been wearing it daily for over 5 years, and it looks nearly new. It's very understated, I don't go in for "bling". No one ever really comments on it or notices it except for a few events...gunshows, knife shows, coin shows & motorcycle shows.
    I'm not experienced with posting pics, but here's a link to a decent pic.
    http://www.horlogemakers.nl/links_bestanden/iwc.jpg
    BTW, I love Sinn, and I would really like to have one of those as well.
    Tim

16. SF1

SF1 Banned

Bullzaye,

That is very nice. It is sporty yet it can really pass for a dress watch.

Best,

SF1

17. Adrena1in

Adrena1in Empty Pockets

Same here! I did briefly try one of my Grandad's old watches when he passed away, but it was too tight and I never adjusted it. I prefer to not wear one really though.

18. clipse

clipse Empty Pockets

Well, since I only have one watch. (besides my grandpa's pocket watch) I would have to say that it would be it.

Citizen Nighthawk.

[​IMG]

I love this watch.

19. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Loaded Pockets

For years I had one watch or the one on my wrist. Break it and buy a new one. For about the last 7-8 years I have very pleased with a Wenger watch. Pretty thin, kind of outdoorsey, water resistant, and shock resistant, and not too expensive. I bought a G-Shock Casio just prior to christmas to wear when I am doing rough kinds of things, and probably hunting and fishing in the furture. So far I'm pleased, but as a digital it does not keep as good a time as my Wenger. This one gains a second or so every couple of days to a week. I'll deal with that and just tweek the time every week or so.

20. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

I've always been a "one watch" person for several reasons (budget and lack of interest in collecting watches, chiefly).
    Right now my new Seiko Black Monster (thanks dad!) is IT. It's big, rugged and far exceeds my needs for a timepiece.
    The only thing I would change about it is the strap--I have small wrists.