1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Once I used Chinese Counterfeit Clones, and it broke.

Discussion in 'Knives' started by JED1985, May 17, 2018.

1. JED1985

JED1985 Loaded Pockets

2. ghuns

ghuns Loaded Pockets

I can see why someone with limited $$$ would buy a fake Strider. But a fake S&W? The real thing is basically a Chinese flea market knife.

3. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

All of those knives are basically crappy knives.
    I own some clones as well but they didn't cost next to nothing and I didn't buy it in an uninformed way.
    I'm satisfied until today even though I prefer the ones without logos.

Anyways, you get what you pay for and as good as you inform yourself.
    Just as always in life.

Locked-Out, Moshe ben David and Moose like this.
  4. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

That Strider is not even a clone of anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

Just skimming real quick, I get the impression that the guy doesn't know much about knives. That's fine, but when someone says something like "the blades aren't as sharp" when they really mean "the steel isn't as high quality" or "joint" instead of "pivot", I'll be more likely than not to take what they say with a pinch of salt.

That said, I own a Strider clone, one of the middle of the road $50 titanium and D2 models. It's not a bad knife for $50. Great? By no means, but it's decent. The pricier ones are better, I've heard. The reason why I had a good experience with mine is because I paid a little bit of money to get a decently made clone. He got the cheapest, junkiest, poorest copies coming out of the counterfeit mills. That is why he had a bad experience.

Moose and Locked-Out like this.
  6. Adam Ng

Adam Ng Loaded Pockets

For $50 I had gotten 100% genuine Kershaw made in the USA.

garza, Locked-Out and Moshe ben David like this.
  7. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

my first benchmade was a stryker clone from deal extreme, had the pivot screw head strip out so i Emerson modded it to slotted with a dremel. eventually the threads also gave out and then finally the thumb disk stripped out too, still had some lockup. I ended up trading a homeless guy for his zippo.

8. Locked-Out

Locked-Out Loaded Pockets

I totally disagree. Some makers in China really know what they are doing and have some own brands like Sun or CH. if you want a decent OTF Andy knifes get better reports than benchmade and microtech although potentially more expensive.

Yes there is :censored: and yes you Stand a chance of being deceived...only if you can’t be bothered to find a good seller with decent feedback. I’m sure you guys could spot quality just from looking at the pics anyway.

The last knife I got from China came with cts-xhp steel blade. T4 titanium and gen carbon fibre handle. It’s built like a tank and feels it. But with these materials it was still circa 100 dollars so you still have to be prepared to shell out a we bit.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And the stitch...sorry. If I lived in the US I would probably take advantage of all the lovely well made and allowed to be EDC’d weaponry but reality is I just cant some of these in the uk.

[​IMG][​IMG]

And the butterfly...and the OTF....sorry Benchmade.

So if you want to know where to shop, shoot me or send me illegal weapons from the US give me a shout.

garza, thatotherguy, Moose and 2 others like this.
  9. Locked-Out

Locked-Out Loaded Pockets

Please post me an auto kershaw I love those knives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam Ng likes this.
  10. Adam Ng

Adam Ng Loaded Pockets

Kershaw Launch autos start at $80-$100 USD. Good price from my frequently used Kershawguy. Assisted opening is the term they used to get around the law here start at $50. Their low cost Chinese made lines start at $30. Quality control and customer service is very good.

Locked-Out likes this.
  11. Gary Gross

Gary Gross Loaded Pockets

My experience with clones (I've had about 4 over the years IIRC) is generally negative. However, I picked up a ZT0801 clone (back when I couldn't bring myself to pay $100+ for a good knife) and was blown away. Fit, finish and function were as good as the 4 real ZTs I own. It seems like I paid less than $25 for it. Maybe I got lucky. The others I bought? Absolute garbage.

Moshe ben David likes this.