1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

On Edge - blame it on my ECD …

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by On Edge, Dec 6, 2015.

1. On Edge

On Edge EDC Junkie!!!

Yeah, it's different from my usual for sure ... I imagined carrying it, but that hasn't happened ...
    Thanks, man!
    :)

2. No Agenda
    • In Omnia Paratus

No Agenda Loaded Pockets

I really like the pattern in the acrylic, very nice!

3. Unagi42
    • In Omnia Paratus

Unagi42 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Hey On Edge,yet another classic and stylish traditional folding knife from your vault.
    I know a gentleman will never reveal the numerical extent of his collection (;)) but I was wondering if you could tell us just how long you've been collecting?

QuodErat, Nekolf, S_Serpent and 12 others like this.
  4. On Edge

On Edge EDC Junkie!!!

Well, pull up a chair my friend ... Lol
    When I was a kid, I had no particular interest I knives ... until ... in the back of a comic book (probably X-Men or some such) I spotted an ad for a "Genuine Spanish Bullfighter Knife" ... and what a beauty! It was a swing-guard lockback, with an acrylic depiction of a Bullfighter besting a Bull with a pass of his red cape right on the handle! That is the first knife I remember buying - I was probably 11 or so ... the blade had a horrendous amount of side play and the fit and finish were horrid, and I remember being disappointed by the lack of quality, but it was all mine! That's probably why I can't tolerate blade play to this day ...
    So from there I picked up a knife here and there ... I remember a cream colored Barlow, and an old two blade jack (Imperial I think) ... I couldn't afford much, but I was always reading about steels and heat treatments and the history of knife making (and the influx of some great cutlers from Europe to the USA in the 1800s) and it always just interested me. In my teens I picked up a few more slip-joints, and a couple Italian stiletto-style autos, but the Mercator K55 Black Cat was my first real EDC. Paid something like $8 for it, and it took a real beating ... you can still get them and they are still good utilitarian value. I just picked a couple new ones up a few months ago, but don't have pictures ... yet.
    In my later teens and 20's I was all about the girls and cars and play, so knives fell off the radar for a while ... and then one day I was poking around online, and tripped across an article about "super steels" and how powder metallurgy was going to change the face of cutlery as we knew it and well ... I was back in ... bought a Benchmade, then discovered Sypderco, then wandered back to Case for an old love - traditionals ... and then when GEC showed up to raise the bar in that area, I was in up to my neck ...
    So ... how long? Depends on how you do the math ... ;)

5. On Edge

On Edge EDC Junkie!!!

good morning my long lost brothers! been crazy busy checking in to the new "gig" … and today it continues …
    recycling this 'dump' shot, as today's is nearly identical and I've got to fly ...

[​IMG]

:)

6. Longbow_06

Longbow_06 Banned

Stay safe out there, On Edge and Good Luck with the position !!

7. Unagi42
    • In Omnia Paratus

Unagi42 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Hope it's going well mate. Always a learning curve on new jobs.

8. On Edge

On Edge EDC Junkie!!!

Thanks, man! ... (finally re-connected, and snuck a minute to check EDCF!)

Thanks, Brother ... yes, even though I've been doing this type of work for years, you still have to learn the landscape, the players, the rules of engagement, et al ...

It's going pretty well, but they definitely have my plate full already ... they had me running before I even hit the ground ... ;)