1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Olight s1r baton issues

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Scribble, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Scribble

Scribble Loaded Pockets

I am curious if anyone else has the same problem with there s1r. My light is carried in pocket no clip with other items. I put it on lock mode so I don’t accidentally drain battery. When I go to use it about75% of time it’s not on lock and acts like battery is dead. I unscrew the battery cover a little ways and tightened back down, hold power button then a second or 2 it comes on and works fine till I put back in pocket.
    I have 2 identical s1r and they both do this.

2. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Yes and I can not trust them anymore unless I unscrew the battery a little to lockout the battery mechanically every time I put it back in the pocket.

3. Lateck

Lateck Loaded Pockets

I have not had that happen on my S1R but something like that has happened with my S30R. Just unscrew the battery cap and rescrew it and I'm good to.

4. TNRonin

TNRonin Loaded Pockets

I've had the same. I quit carrying it so much in the pocket. Waste of money IMHO.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

5. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

I have like 4 models of these, don't carry any of them in my pocket but not had any problems when in the glovebox of a vehicle for example, great lights I think they are, hence why I've bought a few.

6. el_murdoque

el_murdoque Loaded Pockets

Maybe you could try and reattach the clip.
    I carry my S1RII in my front pocket. I've done so hundreds of times. It has been activated by accident once.
    I have two of them and both do the same. The clip keeps the light oriented in my pocket so the button will not press against my leg or the fabric of the jeans.

EZDog likes this.
  7. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I think you might be right here but I find these Olight to not be great to carry clipped to my pocket where I have had a Zebra clipped since I discovered them many years ago.

To each his own.

Scribble likes this.
  8. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

I keep the pocket clip on all mine half covering the button, it's an handy guide to switching it on when it is pitch dark.

9. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I never even knew that the Olight clip was movable or removable until I tried clipping it on my pocket and it removed itself.

10. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

LOL, I know what you mean about the push on/clamp on type of pocket clip, I only pocket clip a knife, if I were to pocket clip a torch I would want a clip that's screwed on to the body.

11. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Thus the ZLs that I carry.

12. Scribble

Scribble Loaded Pockets

If I didn't have to do this more than once a week I could handle it but since I have to do it 4-5 times a day it gets a little frustrating.

13. el_murdoque

el_murdoque Loaded Pockets

I need to clarify that:
    I don't use the clip. I just have it on there. This forces the Baton to align in my tighter front pockets with the button neither touching my leg nor the outer fabric.

14. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Got it,makes no difference for me though like I said I didnt know that the clip even came off and the light is just out of control in my pocket all the time unless tail is unscrewed.