1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Olight general thread.

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by IHateBottleOpeners, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo Loaded Pockets

I got one of those for my S15 a few months ago, I like to use it with two extenders and 3 AA NiMH. They definitely make for great area lights when you have to take care of stuff outside after the sun goes down. I'm not sure if Sunwayman has any of their own but these diffusers also fit the V11R really well.

2. Glov

Glov Empty Pockets

Where do I buy one of those diffusers for the s15?

Jedigreedo likes this.
  3. Jedigreedo

I think most sites that sell the lights also sell the accessories, but I got mine from Going Gear.

tfbraden likes this.
  4. kwispelhond

kwispelhond Loaded Pockets

Ordered mine in China (at Gearbest), locally these little things are way to expensive.

tfbraden likes this.
  5. kwispelhond

So, nobody has the new S2 yet? Wonder if we now also are getting a S1,5 (for the AA-fans)?

Man, those runtimes are something, if they are correct they made a giant leap in efficiency for sure with that thing.

tfbraden likes this.
  6. AF86

AF86 Loaded Pockets

I'm really thinking about getting the S2. I have the S1 and I love it. This would be my first 18650 light. I was debating this or the Thrunite tn12. S2 is about 100 lumens less but also about 1.5 inches smaller and same price... Any opinions?

tfbraden likes this.
  7. kwispelhond

I have the TN12 myself, it's a fine light and it still has the advantage off a choice in NW or CW and is more "tactical" by it's shape and with a rear-clicky with momentary on, something the Olight has not. For the rest: the Olight is much smaller and if the published figures are near correct it smokes the Thrunite in efficiency so you decide what tips the scale for you. Personally I would that small difference in lumen be the last thing to tip the scale, they are close and both seem to have about equal modes that seem pretty well chosen (when you get the TN12 2016!!).

Edit: I forgot, the TN12 will have much more throw and the S2 will have more spill, also an important factor to consider.

JPE, tfbraden and AF86 like this.
  8. Jedigreedo

I may just wait for the inevitable onslaught of S2 in Titanium, Copper and Brass next Christmas before deciding if I'll get one. :p I've also been curious if they're working on a single AA version, which wouldn't be surprising. They certainly love their variations on this line.

The S2 is actually becoming more tempting to me than the S1, but I really wish that they would put another place to mount the clip on the 18650 lights so that you could carry them emitter-down or emitter-up at your discretion. There's plenty of room before the tailcap to put another mounting spot for the clip, so it seems like it'd make sense to offer that option.

tfbraden likes this.
  9. Crew
    • In Omnia Paratus

Crew Loaded Pockets

I'm glad I found this thread!

Been looking for a better 18650 carry light, to replace my ultrafire 502b. Trying to keep it under $60 or so..

Are there different models that offer warm temperature lights? I've gotten used to that and don't want a cold beam.

What do you recommend? Looking for something similar to the 502b output and size, so about 5" length, and the magnet rechargeable would be ideal. =) Thanks!

Also, I love the copper variant S1, but I know it's a smaller battery. How is the output by comparison? I don't know what the actual output is on the ultrafire, but I like the amount it puts out.

tfbraden likes this.
  10. IHateBottleOpeners

IHateBottleOpeners EDC Junkie!!!!!

Well, I have the M20SX warm white, it's great! The throw is 370m, very tactical UI and pretty small too.
    I also have the S1, and for a size comparison, it's the brightest one from it's size! I like it, for my main EDC, it's such a good flood light.

tfbraden likes this.
  11. Crew
    • In Omnia Paratus

Crew Loaded Pockets

Nice! I like the specs on the M20SX, but what's with that clip flange ? Looks like it would dig up my pants.

I do like the deep clip on the S1, but I definitely want something pocketable, in any case. Would be carrying on my person and likely in slacks, so tactical prob isn't best. Hmm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

tfbraden and IHateBottleOpeners like this.
  12. IHateBottleOpeners

You know your wishes, search the net for more, lights are not disappearing at any means :), you have time.
    EDIT: Crew sorry for not answering your question about the clip in this post,it's very easy for the manufacturer to improve it (just by adding a little ramp), but don't know why didn't they do that already... So, that is a two-step attaching clip witch is a bit on a negative side, it's strong, but if you need to clip the S1 on/in your pocket, you will lose some time, or you'll put it in only half way the length of the clip. I haven't got any problem losing the flashlight, but concerns me too.

Last edited by IHateBottleOpeners, Dec 11, 2015
    tfbraden likes this.
  13. taat2d

taat2d Loaded Pockets

I just ordered the Raw Cu version and my wife got me the bead blasted Ti version for my birthday. Hehe Can't WAIT for those 2 deliveries!!

14. Crew
    • In Omnia Paratus

Crew Loaded Pockets

Does anyone have the R20? It's got a rear clicky, and has a micro-USB charging port.. that's amazing to me. No more carrying chargers or spare batteries *everywhere* with me.

Not seeing any clip options, though, so that's disappointing. Wonder if anyone has thought something up, since I'm not planning on using a belt holster.

[​IMG]

tfbraden likes this.
  15. Crew
    • In Omnia Paratus

Crew Loaded Pockets

No worries! I agree - had the simply done one blank line of stippling near the end cap, they could've slid a pocket clip like the surefire ring style in there with an o-ring and still had an impervious little light. Might just have to look into modding it. =)

I am thinking I'll just use a tec-clip and small ring on the lanyard hole, that'll at least give it a little retention until I can get a little better alternative.

Meantime, I'm extremely happy with the light. Tolerances are tight, the little charge port ring is secure and doesn't slip, and charges nicely with my Samsung cable. The clicky is sharp and satisfying, quick tap to cycle through. The step-down from 900 to 100 is a big drop, but still very useable with a good flood. I'm coming from my Ultrafire w502b, so there's lots of improvement in terms of quality and reliability, but I'll need to spend more time with it (and maybe a new clip) before I completely sing its praises.

For now though, it's everything I need in an EDC light, with the exception of no pocket clip.

tfbraden likes this.
  16. IHateBottleOpeners

Well, you didn't mention what light.

tfbraden likes this.
  17. Crew
    • In Omnia Paratus

Crew Loaded Pockets

Whoops! I ended up picking up the R20 Javelot.

tfbraden and IHateBottleOpeners like this.
  18. edjo69

edjo69 EDC Junkie

I have the M2X-UT Javelot and it is a brilliant light, throws like a laser!

tfbraden likes this.
  19. weklund

weklund Loaded Pockets

Received my Olight CU RAW S1 and CU S1 Rose Gold.
    Super nice build.
    I think I am going to do an egg patina on the RAW.

I am very pleased.
    Olight S1 CU Raw next to S1 CU Rose Gold.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    S1 Raw after 8 hour hard boiled egg patina process.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by weklund, Dec 27, 2015
  20. de Vries
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

de Vries EDC Junkie!!!

Bought myself a SR51, that thing throws quite a beam.

MangeD700, Pscl, Antithetik and 2 others like this.