1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Old SAK cleaning

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by landwire, Mar 10, 2019.

1. landwire
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

Several years ago, I inherited my mother's SAK when she passed away. She had this for decades.. since the 80's and was my first introduction to being prepared and EDC. It rode in her purses over the years. As such, it in fairly decent condition..... minus the dust, dirt and purse grime. For what I hope is obvious sentimental reasons, I am never using it.... unless dire life and death and heavens forbid, I can't reach the myriad of other knifes, leathermans, toolbag, etc...

That all said, what say you about cleaning the gunk out and giving it a proper maintenance job? While I don't plan on using it, I certainly see passing it along when my time comes.

YankeeHotelFoxtrot likes this.
  2. flux

flux Loaded Pockets

just clean and use it. I got a small pocket knife from my grandpa. I sharpened it and occasionally I carry and use it.

Moshe ben David and A.B. like this.
  3. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

I've just cleaned one of mine funny enough, a Classic that's lived in my pocket on a ring with a bunch of other items, the scales looked black instead of blue. Lol

I used an old toothbrush and orange mechanics hand cleaner, it came up like new, blew the excess water off, once fully dry, lubed the pivot points etc.

4. Elmiro Dungfoot

Elmiro Dungfoot Loaded Pockets

I just use some electrical contact-cleaner. Easy-to-use, leaves no residue, and won't harm plastics. Blow-out with canned air, and relube. Contact cleaner is available just about everywhere.

Moshe ben David likes this.