1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Man Brings Gun To Theater - Maxpedition Bag

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by LausDeo, Aug 8, 2012.

1. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

Well, we do have a very litigious society but you cannot necessarily sue for just anything. I would like to see a place that prohibits CCW/CHL Holders from carrying be sued into bankruptcy if that person is attacked on their property and they didn't have effective security guards on the property.

SAKplumber and Gnarly like this.
  2. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

If you (business, etc) don't protect me then let me protect myself.

SAKplumber, Gnarly and DBR like this.
  3. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

Correct. Because legal gun owners who carry by the law are the ones being targeted by these bigoted, extremist businesses. Criminals don't get carry permits, they just carry whatever, whenever and wherever they wish. If gun owners don't fight back even more, we will once again go on the defensive as we were for years when we lost so much ground.

SAKplumber likes this.
  4. nbmaine2007

nbmaine2007 Loaded Pockets

That will be good for one segment: Attorneys. I think theaters should allow concealed carry, but I don't believe that you're guaranteed this umbrella of safety when you go into a business just because they have a policy against it. That's not good for business, which is ultimately not good for consumers.

I watch my movies on my tv. I can do whatever I want. Again, if I go play in your sandbox, I have to follow your rules.

5. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

http://edcforums.com/threads/which-edcer-is-this.98484/

I wrote in that thread, which is dedicated to this guy in Ohio, that your residence is a totally different type of private property than a public access private property. There is another way to look at it, too. Sure, I can choose to go to another business but if the business owner doesn't like allowing people to exercise their Civil Rights, they can also get out of the type of business that has public access.

6. nbmaine2007

Or you can open one that does. Owning a business is hard enough, you deserve the right to set the rules.

7. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

Businesses have to have business licenses. If they sell food, they have to have permits, licensing, inspections every now and then. Businesses do NOT set their own rules when it comes to public safety issues. Carrying a concealed handgun legally with a permit is a public safety issue and if it is good enough for the state to issue it, it is just like any other license. They should accept it and move on.

SAKplumber, David L. Holt and LausDeo like this.
  8. nbmaine2007

In certain areas. And if the state said they had to allow ccw, it would be different. But I believe all 50 states disagree with you so I'm not so sure how you can be so confident in your opinion. And if there is not a specific law pertaining to it, then the business gets to set the rules. Every consumer does not get to make their own.

9. LausDeo

LausDeo Loaded Pockets

You do make an interesting point, I think the news said there was no word on whether the prosecutor's would drop the case or not. I'm surprised he was arrested if he had all the proper permitting and wasn't being a psycho. I don't know, I am not a lawyer. In one sense I can see being concerned and wanting to protect yourself but on the other side of that coin, the theater probably had rules against bringing a firearm in.

The maxpedition bags are nice but they do seem rather obivious to anyone familiar with the equipment, in the case the law enforcement spots a guy with basically a tactical fanny pack. No that I am endorsing breaking the rules, I just empathize with the concern and think he could have broken the rules in a smarter fashion and ideally legally or not broken the rules at all. It makes for good conversation.

10. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

You seem to be confusing a couple of issues. For one thing, I have a right to an opinion and I really don't care if that doesn't coincide with the opinions of a bunch of control freaks. Hahahaha! There was a time when slavery was legal, too. That ended. People became enlightened to various issues.

You also seem to think that your residence and your gas station you own are the same thing, they're not. If you think they are, well, I don't know where you could get so much confidence in your opinion. :)

SAKplumber likes this.
  11. Chimay

Chimay Loaded Pockets

It has already happened. A year ago here in Mississippi a woman was attacked in the Kroger parking lot that happened to have a hinds county sheriffs office sub station inside. I don't recall the specifics on the outcome, but I remember hearing about it on the news.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

12. Kilted1

Kilted1 Loaded Pockets

Without specifics on that case it may not apply. The supreme court has ruled that the police are under no obligation to protect anybody. They just put it on their cars for good PR. That's a bit different than a business saying "don't come in here legally armed" but then doing nothing to prevent someone else causing mayhem.

It just occurred to me: If this dude in the theater was intent on a public shooting, it would have started with that off-duty cop/uniformed private security fellow that's being touted as such a hero. "Sir, may I see what's in that bag?" "Sure thing officer!" *bang* dead cop.

13. nbmaine2007

You can have the opinion that elephants can fly, but that doesn't make it correct. I didn't say you're not entitled to your opinion...I just said you were wrong. And every court in America agrees.

14. David L. Holt

David L. Holt Loaded Pockets

AFAIK, carrying into a place that says "No Firearms" is fine until they ask you to leave (assuming you're carrying legally). At the point that they ask you to leave, you are trespassing if you do not comply. Since you're carrying concealed, they should never have a reason to ask you to leave.

At least in Colorado.

15. David L. Holt

You don't have the right to set illegal rules. It's just like contracts, I can sign a slavery contract, that doesn't mean it's legal.

16. David L. Holt

17. Dafabricata

Dafabricata Loaded Pockets

The mainstream media is just absolutely horrible and does an amazing job of getting the :censored: to freak out.​
    I saw the pictures of the maxpedition bag on the news, but was on the phone at the time with the volume off so I didn't get to hear the story.​
    I know there are certain places I can't go while carrying....so I don't go or I open carry to stay within the law.​
    My Falcon II has been carried ALMOST everyday for the last 5-6 years. OD green in color and get compliments all the time! Mostly positive attention.​
    A few stores have asked to check my bag upon entering....my reply is a dead serious look in the eyes telling them they can check it as soon as every woman in the store is called to the front to have thier bags/purses inspected...to which I am treated with a look of bewilderment and silence....as I continue to walk in. ​
    Being treated like a criminal without doing anything criminal pisses me off to no end.​
    The f/in problem now-a-days is that people cast judgement and draw conclusions based on the :censored: the MSM feeds them. And HOW in the world does this justify law enforcement to search your property. The ONLY crime commited here was carrying concealed in PFZ....and should be dealt with accordingly.​
    Soon a search of your residence will be standard fare after a simple traffic stop, as it's standard protocol to protect the public.....disgusting what a poosified society we've (well, some) become.​

SAKplumber and David L. Holt like this.
  18. nbmaine2007

I didn't say illegal rules, I said rules. Obviously you can't/shouldn't break the law.

19. David L. Holt

My premise was that banning legally carried weapons IS an illegal rule, at least in CO.

SAKplumber likes this.
  20. Chimay

Chimay Loaded Pockets

She won in County Court then it was over turned in State Supreme Court. Opinion is linked below.
    http://courts.ms.gov/Images/Opinions/CO78674.pdf

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2