1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Obsessed with G2 refills. Which pens should I go for?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by mercurialpissings, Jan 27, 2018.

1. grub

grub Loaded Pockets

I love my Matthew Martin 500. The new ones take the G2 refill, I actually use the Pilot V5 refills for the extra fine point

2. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Have you looked at the Tactile Turn pens...in particular, the Glider bolt-action? I looked at the TiScribe, but it didn't trip my trigger. While I find the G-2 refills ok, I went with the shorter Slider in Ti & use a Schmidt capless rollerball refill in it. I could still use a G-2 type refill in it by shortening it, but I find the rollerball to be more to my taste.

3. bryan123

bryan123 Loaded Pockets

I have more to report: Over the weekend I tried out some Pilot G2, Uniball 207 and Pentel Energel refills.

G2 is 0.7mm, Uniball is 0.5mm, and Energel is 0.3, 0.5 and 0.7mm. That's what they had at the local Staples.

I also picked up a Pentel Energel Alloy pen body. Two actually because they are having a sale. $5.99 and buy one, get one 50% off so they were $4.50 each. I gave one of them with the two 0.3mm refills to my girlfriend who's a nurse and needs an ultrafine pen for charting.

The Energel alloy pen body takes Energels and Uniballs equally well but will not take a Pilot G2 refill. That's fine with me since the G2 is my least favorite of the three because it smears and the others do not. But for the OP and those of you who love G2's and want a nicer body for them, your options are:

Pilot G2 Limited, a nice metal pen but imo not as nice as the Energel Alloy. $12ish at Staples;
    Higher end pens like the Machine Era and the Ti Scribe Bolt;
    Pens meant to take standard sized rollerballs like Waterman rollerballs.

I hope this information is helpful...

Sachsen likes this.