1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Oakley Gascans - Are these genuine?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by crwoody, Jun 27, 2019.

1. crwoody

crwoody Loaded Pockets

Hello all, lemme know if this is the wrong place to post this.

Recently I wanted a pair of some Oakley Gascan sunglasses, but I wanted to be on the cheap. I found a pair on a site called Poshmark and negotiated a guy down to about $40 bucks. In my excitement, I totally forgot to check their authenticity first (rookie mistake, I know), and I was wondering if anyone with a store-bought pair might be able to authenticate them for me. My only red flag was the printing for the sizes - seems somewhat askew.

Thanks for helping a noob out![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. LuxN

LuxN Loaded Pockets

They look 100% genuine to me. Item codes match the type of glasses/lenses they are, have the indented “O” on the end of the earpieces, etc.

crwoody likes this.
  3. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

My mate has a pair, the codes indeed match and they look dead right to me but they can copy iPhones so a bit of text on an arm of some sunglasses isn’t much of a challenge. It depends on the seller to be honest and if they “feel” right. Cheap sunnies always feel cheap to me, mateys oakleys always feel expensive which is why he told me to put them back whilst I was examining them!

crwoody likes this.
  4. Enemy Combatant

Enemy Combatant Loaded Pockets

Price and condition would be your best method to determine an answer to your question. For $40.00: If they're brand new, they're probably fake or stolen. If used or like-new with box, they're legit.

I've owned several pairs of those glasses when they first emerged more than a decade ago. Yours appear to be legit, but I don't trust anyone these days considering the ingenuity of Chinese economic espionage.

5. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

FWIW, fake goods are coming out of several places -- not only China. Not even exclusively SE Asia. Unfortunate but true.

PLUS there is and has been an ongoing problem of 'grey market goods'. Which for anyone not familiar with the term means authentic products in terms of manufacture, but which are being sold via unauthorized distribution channels. Which means the manufacturer will NOT honor warranties on such goods. Usually in the past happened with high value goods (e.g., high end watches, cameras, various electronic goods...).

Its a jungle out there!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David