1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Now that I'm done with Maxpedition, what now?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by madlag, Aug 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madlag

madlag Banned

Ok, so I wanted a Condor II but I'm not giving my biz to Maxpedition after what I read here...what are some similar options?

2. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

3. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Also, anytime you buy from Vanquest, please mention EDCF and we get credit for their advertising working. (They're a sponser)

4. Darrel S. Jarvis

Darrel S. Jarvis Loaded Pockets

Also worth considering the 5.11 Rush line. I went from a Condor II to a Rush 12 and loved it. Was always interested in Vanquest too.

5. Rawls

Rawls Loaded Pockets

Brisbane Outfitters Bull Pup is very nice. Small, but they make a bigger one too. I also like Tom Bihn. If you can swing a minimalist pack Cotopaxi's stuff is VERY nice.

madlag likes this.
  6. Rverdi

Rverdi Loaded Pockets

I'm not sure if it's the style/size your looking for, but I took a chance on a Vanquest Ibex 30 and like it very much so far.

Lellobeetle and madlag like this.
  7. madlag

madlag Banned

It was both the size and style I liked about the condor but I'm sure there are plenty of others that will appeal to me. Some of that Vanquest stuff looks awesome. I love the orange interior...

Sent from my [one size too big] iPhone

thePlumbah likes this.
  8. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

Vanquest trident-20 is only a little smaller, a similar design, and made at least as well as anything I've seen from maxpedition.

There's a chance I'll be getting rid of mine, but only because I REALLY like my tad litespeed. But it's oos again and costs over twice as much as the Condor 2.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

madlag likes this.
  9. madlag

madlag Banned

I like the trident 20 but also that new falconer 27. A little bigger but maybe a good choice. In addition to being my EDC truck bag I want to be able to shove my hammock and tarp into it for camping.

10. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

At this point, I would trust anything they made if it fits what you want. As an example, their pouches are different from maxped (the inverted zippers are a bit awkward) but overall better, I think.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

madlag likes this.
  11. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

There are about eight million alternatives to the Maxpedition Condor.

12. Pepsi Jedi

Pepsi Jedi Loaded Pockets

If I might ask, why not giving Maxped any more business? I have bags and stuff from a number of companies, but I've not had a problem with Maxpedition stuff other than being pricy. I get mine off Ebay or Amazon though so I tend to pay less. Have I missed something?

13. Captainkirk

Captainkirk Loaded Pockets

http://www.edcforums.com/threads/maxpedition.58108/

thePlumbah likes this.
  14. madlag

madlag Banned

^that

Btw don't feel bad. I was educated on it recently too

thePlumbah likes this.
  15. Pepsi Jedi

*Reads* A guy bought an extra bag, and customer service didn't jump to in 4 days, and then ended up in touch with the president of the company and they made it right?

Um.... Ok.. well... that seems a rather small point to totally cut out an entire company for. Especially when it seems the president of the entire company got in touch with the guy and gave him his money back for the product he bought (That as best I could tell wasn't defective. Just... didn't want it after he got it).

Now I'm not reading 33 pages of the thread, but the OP's problem seems to have been handled and well.

Moral of the story seems to be "Don't spend money on stuff you don't need/want, then get riled when they don't jump to INSTANTLY to fix your mistake"

Flash Owl and ShadowE like this.
  16. madlag

madlag Banned

in those other 33 pages you'll find the actual reason...long story short: they're thugs and bullies that will lie and spread misinformation as needed. You should actually read it.

thePlumbah and moostapha like this.
  17. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Just for sayin'.. what about a look at JSBurly's items, just here ^^^ up...? ;)

thePlumbah and madlag like this.
  18. Pepsi Jedi

Ahh it was deeper in. *nods* I'm not 100% sure I want to read like 30 pages of a thread to that tune, but thank you for the summary. :)

thePlumbah and madlag like this.
  19. madlag

madlag Banned

Yea l was the same way. Didn't sound that bad but the further you scan down the worse it gets. I hate it bc I really liked that bag and would have bought it over the next couple months. Oh well. That falconer is sweet

moostapha likes this.
  20. Pepsi Jedi

Ok... I read all 33 pages...

Looks like alot of people need to eat a Snickers, man. Whoo.

I buy/use stuff that's of good quality and affordable price. For me, Maxpedition is a little pricy. I prefer 5.11, but Maxpedition has lots more options and I like some of their stuff more. I have a number of their products and they're excellent.

I'm not going to let one customer, who ordered a custom item, and had to acknowledge that should he order incorrectly that there's a restocking fee, then ORDERED INCORRECTLY, and yet demand not to have to pay the fee he agreed to, and get all riled, change my opinion of the items I have.

Was the guy's reply terse? Yeah, but alot of people seem to not be reading the small parts in those first few pages. The guy who ordered the belt wrong.. wasn't 'in the right'. He was 'in the wrong' and demanding stuff he wasn't owed. It also seems that he called and harassed the company repeatedly to that effect. Yelling at the customer service.

People love the 'customer is always right' line. It's just got no basis in reality. That's a rather entitled attitude to have. The president of the company even came here, gave the guy what he wanted but pointed out that it wasn't like the company failed there. it was the dude's own fault, and his attitude afterwards was shoddy.

I've worked with the public before. Often, the customer complaining loudly, isn't right. They're very very wrong. Wrong to the point of absurdity in many cases. And if you raise your voice at me, or someone working for me, you've got a better chance of getting a slushy in hell than me bowing to your demands.

People gotta stop expecting things just because they're alive. The guy ordered a product. Was told up front there was a restocking fee if they messed up the order. Yet didn't want to pay it when the time came round. That's not Maxpeditions fault. That's someone wanting something for nothing and getting pissed when it didn't happen.

The pages about the aussie that got a bad bag went on for a bit and suddenly had a 180 turn where the president called the guy (Repeatedly to the other side of the planet!) and finally caught him and made it right. Far more than you'd expect out of a company much less a company president.

To me that says something.

Now to the stuff with the forum mod. I don't know. On that one we have a one sided account. I'm not calling the Mod a lie, but the guy on the other side can't defend himself. I tend to take dramatic accounts on the internet with a grain of salt. I don't know what happened, but I bet if you asked the other side they'd say it wasn't anything like that.

I don't know. None does but the two involved.

Their gear is quality gear. Does even quality companies produce a dud now and then? sure. All companies do. Heck has anyone seen how many cars have been recalled lately?

Judge the company (any company) on how they treat you. Not how they treat someone screaming for preferential treatment they aren't due. (Sorry OP, if you agreed to the restocking fee on a custom item then get pissed and don't wanna pay it, that's on you. You agreed to it when you ordered mate).

Also, there's something to be said about "Liking a product but not the owner" I use many products, that I like, because I like them, even if I disagree with the owner of the company. Chickfila sandiches are GOOD. I'm sorry but they are. lol. I deplore the company's owner's viewpoints, but the sammiches are goooood. lol If I still lived in the south I'd eat them. Might hate the owner but that's not the chicken's fault.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.