1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Now I've seen it all: a multitool with hammer!

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Valerian, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

I just found a multitool with a hammer. Oh dear, what will they think of next? :rolleyes:

Ok, I'm sure someone here has one. Is it actually usable or just a fun thingy?

2. VVR41TH

VVR41TH Empty Pockets

Coleman made another like it.
    While it's not listed on their website's store, it's still carried at their actual stores--at the very least, the store close to me still carries it. However, a quick google search gave me this:
    lhttp://www.ekitchengadgets.com/copohamutopm.html

3. EDCIowa

EDCIowa Loaded Pockets

4. bravo

bravo Empty Pockets

5. bpa

bpa Loaded Pockets

I have a couple, but don't like them much. I have one that has nested screwdrivers, which is OK, but it is not suitable for more than the most gentle of requirements. I just don't trust the multitool. It's uncomfortable to use, and not balanced the way a real hammer is. It might be usable for hanging pictures, but just doesn't feel right in the hand.

6. FLYBYU44

FLYBYU44 Loaded Pockets

A hammer doesn't really seem too useful in a multitool. I think most of those multitools are just those cheap made in china ones. I have several of them that I got as stocking stuffers over the years, they are great, so stiff you can't get any of the tools out and the pliers usually don't work either. :brickwall: :brickwall:

7. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Loaded Pockets

8. WillCAD

WillCAD Loaded Pockets

I'm likin' these. I love weird gadgets, as long as they're marginally practical.

9. clarkedb

clarkedb Loaded Pockets

Ive got one of each of the first 2 posted and another random one.... none really see much use one rides in the bed box in my truck thats about it

10. dyyys1

dyyys1 Loaded Pockets

That's actually pretty cool. If it was well-made (and I guarantee that it's not) I would definitely buy one.

11. dyyys1

dyyys1 Loaded Pockets

12. Mark123

Mark123 Empty Pockets

Might be a little hard to get this one through airport security. ;D

13. callmekipling

callmekipling Empty Pockets

My friend, all multitools double as hammers - it's just a matter of, how much do you like your multitool? :-X

A hammer's about the simplest tool out there. Use a rock, or a thick book, or a shoe, or a friend, or a chunk of masonry. Smashing's in the genes, you know!

14. hawkeye

hawkeye Loaded Pockets

That is exactly what I thought of when I saw the picture. I remember tagging along with my dad when I was a little kid, and he would let me carry one of those and pull the loose fence staples with it. I no longer live on a farm, but I boughtone of those fence tools a couple years ago, mainly for the nostalgia factor. I probably ought to put it in the truck box, since it would make a pretty cool "just in case" tool.

15. doctag

doctag Loaded Pockets

16. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

Man, I gave one to my brother-in-law last Christmas. He's has some multi-tools and into gadgets. Here's where this gets painful: I saw it on the junk corner GATHERING dust! :rant:

Too bad, it had some heft and seemed like a legit multi-tool for a once-in-awhile carry.

17. max6166

max6166 Loaded Pockets

I am not big on hammer-based multitools, but I would definitely be interested in some sort of small, light, EDC-able hammer. Basically, anything to smack nails with that isn't my MT. ;D

18. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

The old Ka-bar or a camping hatchet.
    I like the combo fencing pliers, a cheap to buy well designed tool for the job that every farmer or rancher has, you can cut wire, hammer staples and nails , strain wire, twist and crimp wire and pull nails and staples.I had a great pouch for mine with a pocket for a dozen or so staples designed to go on the flank cinch, so if you were out riding and found some fence down you could repair it on the spot.

19. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Loaded Pockets

20. copierguy_mobile

copierguy_mobile Loaded Pockets

It's certainly not EDC-able but THIS is the only hammer based multi tool that I've ever liked well enough to buy. I keep one in the trunk of my car with my small tool kit.

-Greg