1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

North Face Jester

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by swedishelite22, Oct 22, 2018.

1. swedishelite22

swedishelite22 Loaded Pockets

Seriously considering the North Face Jester (and the Vault) but can't find a consistent answer so I'm hoping someone here knows.

In the main compartment on the Jester I have seen reviews/images showing smaller internal compartments like this...

[​IMG]

And other pictures with no other pockets other than the laptop sleeve like this:

[​IMG]

Does anyone know which is the current version?

Most stores I'm looking at online don't have internal images. Amazon has nearly a dozen different styles with no description difference but huge fluctuations in price. (The only ones I can find with the added internals are 3 x the cost, the others don't explicitly say one way or the other.) Local stores do not stock it so I'm out of luck there.

Any insight is appreciated.

2. RoboSim

RoboSim Loaded Pockets

I believe the old Jester design had the admin organization panel in the main compartment facing against towards your back. The new re-design of the Jester has the admin panel in a separate front compartment, facing away from your back, as it should be.

3. swedishelite22

Ahh, so it's one or the other, not both.

4. NKlamerus

NKlamerus Loaded Pockets

Definitely try and find the old one. Absolutely can't stand most of the newer bags coming out by north face.

Not sure when "turtle shell" designs got so popular, you cant set them down and almost nothing you carry in a backpack is round?!

Try eBay, I have a constant eye out for older Surge bags.

swedishelite22 likes this.
  5. swedishelite22

I actually ended up buying one the other day but it's going back. The font pocket being so high on the pack doesn't allow for great with distribution.