1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Non-tactical small EDC pouch

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by dplafoll, Jun 1, 2015.

1. dplafoll

dplafoll Loaded Pockets

I'm looking for something that resembles the Maxpedition pocket organizers or the Vanquest Maximizers. However, I don't want or need all the MOLLE and the general tactical look. Also, the non-tactical pouches I've seen(such as Tom Bihn and others) don't have the same type of internal organization, mostly the elastic loops; they all seem to mostly be various sizes of pouch without internal compartmentalization. If I could get the Vanquest EDCM-Slim but without the patch loop panel and the MOLLE stuff on the back and maybe a more subtle looking fabric....

Has anyone seen any such thing? I'm finding that some of my tastes in EDC gear are hard to match up with stuff that isn't outdoors/survival/tactical-oriented and this is another one.

Jelerang likes this.
  2. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

Custom leathercraft model 1504? Dewalt do a similar version as well I think.

3. Nevada

Nevada Loaded Pockets

Some options:

Gravity EDC Bag (Japanese)
    Global Art Pencil Cases (24 count is pretty small, may or may not have ability to belt mount)
    Duluth Trading Company's Pro Contractor's Business Pouch
    The Buddy Pouch, from Running Buddy.

Also look into zippered tool pouches/organizers. There are a lot of 'em out there, although they usually have tools in 'em.....

4. dude5767

dude5767 Loaded Pockets

$20 Bandit

5. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

Spec Ops pack rat.. A bit bigger than the MaxPed but a wonderful pouch. No molle, great organization. If you want pics, let me know

6. TomWelch

TomWelch Loaded Pockets

Tom Bihn Side Effect bag

7. coloradogps

coloradogps Loaded Pockets

+1 on the TB Side Effect bag!

TomWelch likes this.
  8. jdindadell

jdindadell Loaded Pockets

I find the grey color that vanquest offers looks very un-tactical. You can always use a stich picker to remove the loop section and any offending straps. I removed the loop panel on my maxped 3x5 notebook cover and it looks decidedly less menacing! I do prefer vanquest over maxped.

9. dplafoll

dplafoll Loaded Pockets

I like TB stuff, and I like the SE, but it's still mostly just a couple of open pockets, and I am looking for more organization internally.

I'd looked at that one, and it's definitely on the short list. It's a little big, and I'm not sure about that style of internal storage compared to the simple webbing like the Maxped and Vanquest pouches.

Those are all interesting ideas. The first one and the DTCo are both pretty close to what I'm seeking.

Thanks to all for your responses! I can always count on helpful internet people for info when Google just doesn't get it done. :D

10. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

What are you looking to put in it?

11. dplafoll

dplafoll Loaded Pockets

A lot of stuff up to the capacity of whatever pouch I buy. Basically, if you go to the Vanquest site and look at the sample interior pics of the pouches as fully loaded, it'll look like that. The plan is sort of a "build it and they will come"; I get the pouch and start filling it with things until it's full. Right now I make do with a couple of other containers and such but I want to consolidate into this thing.

12. St14EMT

St14EMT Banned

+1 for $20 bandit

13. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

Why I preferred the pack rat was that if your putting stuff in and taking it out on a steady basis During your day.. The elastic is a hassle when putting stuff back in.. Pens not so much but like a multitool you have to use two hands to return it to the space in the elastic. Whereas I can just slip it back in one handed easily into the pouch. Another plus is the protection.. If you put something in the pouch that you don't want scratched by other contents the Elastic bands offer very little protection but in the pouches at least your cheap pen won't put scratches in your nice flashlight.

If you're doing a pouch for stuff you want to have with you but rarely used.. Go for the MaxPed and like with the elastic.

dplafoll likes this.
  14. dplafoll

dplafoll Loaded Pockets

It's more the latter, really. I don't necessarily expect to be in and out of this thing constantly every day.

15. IHateBottleOpeners

IHateBottleOpeners EDC Junkie!!!!!

Tasmanian tiger DIP.

16. dplafoll

dplafoll Loaded Pockets

I just read a review of the Oneiros Valley THE-E Pocket Organizer. Does anyone have any experience with this thing? It might be a good answer to what I'm seeking.

17. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

Another vote for 20$Bandit organizer, as well as TAD Gear OP1. Neither is very tactical looking. One folds up and closes with elastic (20$Bandit), while the other closes via zippers (TAD Gear).

18. dplafoll

dplafoll Loaded Pockets

I like the Bandit ok but I really prefer a zipper to close it. I won't be using this quite enough to need the quick access of the elastic, so I would rather have the security of the zippers. Now that OP1 is pretty cool and it's pretty close to what I'm looking for, maybe even more than the Vanquest, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra money.

19. cowboyarcher

cowboyarcher Loaded Pockets

Check out Loaded Pocketz blog. They did a review of this one.

dplafoll likes this.
  20. dplafoll

dplafoll Loaded Pockets

That's actually where I'd seen it in the first place. Thanks though!