1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Non-tactical Go-bag/Sat-Com bag

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by EEtheSea, Mar 5, 2010.

1. EEtheSea

EEtheSea Empty Pockets

Hey all,

Can anyone recommend a non-tactical urban/commuter bag that looks like the Sat-com bag or Go bag (one strap, tube shape, cross-shoulder)? Seems really useful for daily use, except I don't want it to look too tactical. I am in an urban environment and would like something more casual. thanks

ETS

2. Otis

Otis Loaded Pockets

While they are not that much "tube-shaped" (and thus maybe not what you want) I HIGHLY recommend looking up "Tom Bihn" in Seattle. Excellent bags and quality, good organization, clean lines and not tactical looking at all-

Let me know what you think-

A

3. eyelikeglasses

eyelikeglasses Loaded Pockets

+1 on Tom Bihn. I have the Large Cafe Bag and REALLY like it, favorite bag I've ever had.

4. eyelikeglasses

eyelikeglasses Loaded Pockets

5. Johnny_Z

Johnny_Z Loaded Pockets

Those types of bag just look tactical but these folks make a good one: County Comm I have one and like it.

6. eme714

eme714 Loaded Pockets

I really wish Tom Bihn would make a smaller brain bag. I would be all over it. Something in the 1800 inch region.

7. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

8. eme714

eme714 Loaded Pockets

Yeah, the Hazard4 stuff looks cool.

9. Joe S

Joe S Loaded Pockets

The very first sat-com bag design (made by SO Tech) was actually based off a civilian bag made by GAP about 5-6 years ago, if I recall correctly. I don't believe Gap makes them anymore, but I can try to post pictures of mine later.

You could always go with the countycomm one, and just remove the MOLLE webbing.

Joe S.

10. AAROSOL

AAROSOL Loaded Pockets

I have the original Gap made sat-com bag look a like. It has never been used and is brand new sitting in a plastic tub full of my other bags. I'll try and get you some pictures of it if you are interested purchasing it.

11. EEtheSea

EEtheSea Empty Pockets

Yes, I would definitely be interested. Can you post a pic or PM me? If this is the same Gap bag that I once had many years ago, then I would be interested (though I was hoping for a more durable alternative). I had one and used it for a while. The only down side was that the material was pretty flimsy. It was completely torn up after I took it on a trip to europe. But still a decent bag.

You guys are good! Thanks for all the replies.