1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

nobody carries mp3 player?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by bullet08, May 22, 2014.

1. nofos

nofos Empty Pockets

Accidentally added two times.

wildborego likes this.
  2. Sarky

Sarky Loaded Pockets

My first one was a 256 mb Creative Zen which I still have. I lost the earphones that came with it, which is a pity because they were really good.

3. Arjosy

Arjosy Loaded Pockets

Yes. It's a 30-pin to 1/8" stereo adapter which plugs into the input of the FiiO.

1 person likes this.
  4. alexvpaq

alexvpaq Loaded Pockets

I have a nano 6th gen and a classic. To be fair, the classic is for the car and the nano is when I run or ride my bicycle so I don't really mind the lower quality MP3 however, on my PC everything is stored in the highest quality possible and I play it through my audio system which doubles as a 5.1 surround. So it's not too shabby.

5. nofos

nofos Empty Pockets

So at first tapatalk showed my post as doubled and after I removed one, both got lost. So once again, here's my mp3 player story.
    I use Creative Zen Stone with 2gb memory. Now it's almost destroyed but still works. At first I used it as music player on any occasion stone is small, light, works long after charging. But now I use it for lectures (mainly from iTunes U, now some other sources), podcasts from iTunes and other websites and audiobooks. When stone becomes useless it will be replaced either with phone or by other mp3 player. And here I'm considering two options:
    1. Simple, basic mp3 player, just to have something that won't eat my phones battery.
    2. More complicated player that will be able to use multiple playlists, remembering multiple "stops" for different playlists or folders.
    No matter which option I choose it has to be low-price player.

PS I almost don't use mp3 player for listening to music or other materials on public transportation, I also have doubts if I should use phone. Usually people talk so laud that enjoying the song or focusing on lecture is impossible. I don't want to ruin my hearing by trying to hear anything on full volume, and I don't want to use on-ear headphones, especially during summer. And in-ear headphones with noise cancelling are too expensive for my budget.

PPS Can you guys write opinions on iPod Shuffle (latest generation). Is it good idea for Zen Stone replacement? Or maybe you can recommend something else?

wildborego likes this.
  6. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

I have three that I rotate through depending on where I'm going, or whats going on. I still use my original 30GB Zune a lot, had it in almost constant service since early 2007. I also have a 8GB Sony NWZ-E344 thats more pocket friendly, with Great sound too.

And for super minimalist times, I have a mini Sylvania 1GB player thats great... No screen, no playlists, sometimes it shuffles randomly, sometimes it plays straight through alphabetically... No control over which.. It was like $12, and rivals the Zune and Sony in sound quality! Battery life is great too with no screen to run.

7. Arjosy

Arjosy Loaded Pockets

Here's a follow-up photo with the outboard amp and the 30-pin adapter cable which is effectively a line out instead of a headphone output.

[​IMG]

wildborego, AK Adventurer and Sarky like this.
  8. adimag

adimag Loaded Pockets

I use a sandisk sansa m230. I love it because it has a built in FM tuner and I can change out the aaa battery when it dies. I currently use eneloops, but any aaa will do in a pinch. I really can't stand the non user replaceable batteries in most devices that are out today.

9. TransportJockey

TransportJockey Loaded Pockets

I use my Galaxy S4 w/ LG Tone+ headsets (BT headphones) for all my music and podcasting needs. I have a 64gb mSD card in the phone with all my media files

10. indigo

indigo Loaded Pockets

I keep all my music on an ipod touch. I hate to use up my phone's battery for music, especially on long drives or when I'm out in the field. This FiiO looks interesting though. I will need to research that one.

11. powerring
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

I find that I use the FM radio in my iPod Nano or Sandisk Sansa fairly often. I wish more phones had them. It's handy when you're not in a data service area.

12. mister_fox

mister_fox Loaded Pockets

I still use an iPod mini, put a 16GB CF card inside and it does everything an mp3 player should do. Battery life is excellent and I drop it all the time.

13. crazysgt

crazysgt Loaded Pockets

Take mine everywhere I go. 7th gen Ipod classic, JDS Labs C5 headphone amp, Vsonic IEMs
    [​IMG]

14. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

I prefer android phones for user friendliness, but I carry my music on a 2nd gen ipod nano. 16gigs is almost 8 days of music. It's tiny & hides easy at work where I can't technically use it or be seen with a phone. I hated iTunes (I'll never use the istore) until I sat down & fiddled with it for a while. Now it's pretty easy to retag stuff that's improperly tagged. I used to carry all my cd's in my truck, all 700+ of 'em. Now I just plug & play. Matter of fact, it & a set of skull candy titaniums are in my scrub top pocket right now.

15. Carlos Gutierrez

Carlos Gutierrez Loaded Pockets

I carry a current gen iPod nano in my daily work carry. I use it primarily for audiobooks and podcasts. Helps keep my phone's storage free for photos and home movies.

Bowman1911 likes this.
  16. Kilted1

Kilted1 Loaded Pockets

iPod touch 4th gen 64GB in Otterbox Commuter(?) case, currently sporting JVC noise isolating phones. I use it mostly for listening to podcasts of a few shows that I like. It's great to have it download automatically so the latest show is ready when I wake up. It has plenty of music and a few toy and convenience apps too, but I have other things that do those jobs at least as well.

As much as I enjoy it, I never would have spent my own money on the thing. I got it as part of a rewards program at work.

17. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

I am currently running a current gen (7th?) iPod classic with a set of AKG k451 headphones.

I have been waiting for years for a reasonably priced 32gb+ flash player to appear after buying a 16gb Sony A829 many years ago - a great player, but just not enough space for all the music I wanted. Given that 5 years later that still hasn't appeared (there have been a few, but none that were to me practical - normally limited by cost/size) I gave up after getting annoyed with not having all my music (especially given a new job means using it a fair chunk of the day sat at my desk) and went for the iPod classic and have sen very pleased with it.

The phone option has never appealed to me - the few I have tried have always had pretty clunky interfaces and just never worked that well (including the pretty naff player on my HTC running android), and I just prefer splitting up these devices into separates that do their own thing and have their own battery.

In response to the very first post here - I do still possess the first generation of the Sony HD players (the unsurprisingly titles NW-HD1) which was a superb device for its day (more expensive, but also a leap ahead from that generation of iPods and other competitors), barring the slightly odd quirk of only running the Sony specific audio codec (which didn't bother me as I was recording my library from scratch, and mp3 didn't yet have quite the same stranglehold it now does). In the end I wore mine out when a couple of the buttons and the dock stopped working so reliably...

18. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

I would settle for one that:
    1. Non-DRM
    2. Took SD cards
    3. Had user-replaceable rechargeable batteries.
    4. Had custom EQ presets.
    ATB,
    Sam

19. Rasthor

Rasthor Loaded Pockets

My first mp3 player was a 40 GB Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra. Jeez, what a mouthful. It's still around my desk somewhere, and would probably work if I charged it back up. After I stopped using that, I had a couple Sansa players (+ and Fuze, I believe). I think the wife still is using the +. I just use my phone now, but between Iheartradio, Pandora, and TuneIn Radio I almost never listen to my mp3s anymore. I use noise canceling in-ear buds or an external speaker because I don't care for the buds that came with the S5, and the internal speaker is crap.

20. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

I re-purposed my old Galaxy S3 cell phone and I got all of the above. I rooted it and killed everything I could besides Rocket Player to make my batteries last as long as possible, also updated it to 4.4.4. I also get these added features...
    1. iHeart radio and Pandora streaming with wifi (and other comparable services)
    2. Games
    3. Internet Browsing with wifi
    4. Movie Player
    5. Pictures
    6. Any other App I want to install pretty much...

wildborego likes this.