1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Nitecore Tip - first impressions - Nitecore Tip and Thumb

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Weko, Sep 12, 2016.

1. steeps

steeps Loaded Pockets

What have you found that you like better?

MKLight likes this.
  2. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Then you've done well on the Nitecore lottery.

I first became a Nitecore owner when they came on the scene with the PD lights. To this day, I still love the EX10 design and keep one on my nightstand. The Smart PD system, the trit slot, and the clip all make for a perfect nightstand light.

However, my first EX10 literally snapped in two one day when I tried to turn it on. Despite the "lifetime warranty" that Nitecore had promised when they came onto the scene, their best offer was for me to ship the light to China at my expense and they would determine if they could fix it. If they could fix it, they would charge me for the repair and return shipping. If they could not fix it, I would have to pay return shipping for the broken light. That is not a lifetime warranty by any stretch of the imagination.

They also left David Chow high and dry with the warranty claims that he was receiving through Fenix-Store. David helped bring the lights to market and was their initial US distributor. Many of us would have been hesitant to try the new lights without David's participation in the project.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  3. Weko

Weko Loaded Pockets

OK, its been over a year since I first got the Tip and Thumb and started this thread. I sold the Thumb cheap to someone who just had to have it dispute my telling him of my thoughts about it. The Tip replaced my Sidekick for a few months then stopped working, ironically at last years SHOT show while I was at the Nitecore booth. Since then I have had every UV Tube and a Nu10 headlamp fail out of the package. My original Tip that failed at SHOT started working again after sitting for a couple of months in the junk box and is now sitting on the nightstand. Still using the first Tube that I bought, going on three years of daily use even with something green now growing in it, sticky switch and a cracked housing. Keychain light is now a Olight i3e copper. As my sidekick has also failed.

chaosmagnet likes this.