1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Nite-Ize S-Biner Key Rack (DISAPPOINTED)

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by Spyderco1116, Feb 2, 2012.

1. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

A few months ago, I had a large plastic one fall apart on me. I was getting out of a car. I don't think it snagged on anything, but I don't know what happened exactly. I heard a snap. I looked down and noticed that the gate on the S-biner was missing. Fortunately, I didn't drop my keys or anything, but I have not trusted an S-biner since and have retired the others that I have.

2. jnestor78

jnestor78 Loaded Pockets

S Biners are garbage. I would recommend using a snap clip from the hardware store or a cabiner which you can buy just about anywhere.

3. 19cohiba75

19cohiba75 Loaded Pockets

I thought they were cool until I had similar issues of missing items from my key chain. The spring on these are not strong enough to keep them closed. Gave them to my niece as toys.

4. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

I second this. S-biners are nicely finished but terribly insecure. I have had better luck with $0.99 toy aluminum 'biners from the discount store. Years ago, I bought a plastic 'biner at an outdoor sports shop near my office. This was easily a decade before the advent of the S-biner. Gave it to my father to carry his heavy keyring and he used it without incident for over a dozen years. He passed and so I don't use it but keep it as a memento.

5. hazna

hazna Loaded Pockets

Fingers crossed, but I haven't had any issues with the plastic size 0 s-biners. I don't use them regularly on my keychain though, as I find them a little more bulky than my usual alternative. To me, they seem fairly solid and the wire seems fairly stiff.

6. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

Is the stainless steel set of biners on the Key Rack as faulty as the plastic ones?

7. MatBlack

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

I don't like any of the clips they make. The s-biners in particular are craptastic. Their products are the embodiment of pure disappointment.

8. Highwaychild

Highwaychild Loaded Pockets

They have a purpose, but not to carry keys, or anything else you just can't lose.
    I mean, they're good for maybe a Photon light(or cheaper light) on a belt loop or something.

9. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

Oh. I just ask because my sister's had her set (plastic) for nearly a year already and hasn't had any problems. She uses it daily too. I'm not sure if she takes it out in the field with her at work though... I'm pretty sure it stays behind.

I found that it's a little hard clip on and off the belt loop. But right now my regular carabiner is getting loose and I'm currently looking into a new keychain system.

10. Bloke

Bloke Loaded Pockets

Yeah I've become more and more disappointed with their s-biners. I'm gettin' really tired of stuff falling off both my key racks (plastic and stainless biners)

I've already own one of Jon's EDCF key holder and due to the unreliable niteize key racks I've just ordered another EDCF key holder.