1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Nike ACG Air Max Goadome shoes

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Lemmez, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Lemmez

Lemmez Loaded Pockets

After 2 years my Solomon shoes from REI bite the dust.
    [​IMG]

My wife bought these for me at the mall today. Does anyone have experience with these shoes? (looking for opinions from you guys that own these on the forum)
    The consensus on the net is that these are durable, stylish (ymmv), and very comfortable boots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's the description:

Nike ACG Air Max Goadome II
    The Nike Air Max Goadome is part of the Nike ACG (All Conditions Gear) line. They are water resistant, all-terrain leather boots and built to handle all types of weather and terrain. Plus, the Nike Air Max Goadome features Nike Air Max technology with a full-length visible Max Air Sole unit, durable solid rubber compound and lug pattern on the outsole, and a very subtle Nike swoosh.

2. beastmac

beastmac Empty Pockets

i bought a pair of these about six months ago and all i have to say is great things. my 250 lbs typically destroys the air bubbles in most nikes but these have held up great. i abused them in the snow, work, and also going out at night (look great with a nice pair of jeans or slacks). They are so much lighter and more comfortbale then my timberland pro series, im talking night and day differences. Overall a great pair of boots/shoes for hiking, work, and just plain everyday use.

3. Pack Lemming

Pack Lemming Empty Pockets

Ive heard it said, years ago before the Nike Air and Reebok Pump fad hit the markets in the early 90's that airspace in soles are very bad for your feet, specifically for your arches. Id assume the point behind having ankle support on boots has also been reduced due to the quite noticeable flex on the heels that have those gimmicky air bags, they compensate in attempt to re-distribute weight through PSI strain. You may also find it abrasive on the ankle with all the irregular movement going on down there in the heel. Also further criticism, they will allow cold to penetrate into the soles of your feet faster than solid soled boots and they will no doubt be useless when moving through broken glass.

Id stick with a Vibram soled boot.

On this note, I almost picked up a pair of boots designed for 'tactical' trips to the bus stop made by Adidas, the GSG-9's. Im glad I didnt, as suspicions were confirmed with review. These sporting goods running shoes companies are beginning to really milk the duty wear business scene and are tossing out inferior goods with brand label costs no thanks to a certain skiing brand whos eyewear is very popular getting on the jingoism bandwagon right from the moment go with Operation Iraqi Freedom.