1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Nick4305's alley (most of all Alox).

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by Nick4305, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Antithetik
    • In Omnia Paratus

Antithetik EDC Junkie!!!!!

Maybe I can lighten you up posting some pics of fresh snow tomorrow. :)

2. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I'll appreciate it, Anti. :)
    Nick

3. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Update: Oct, 10th 2013.

Finally some new items in the mail, and… oh ! A knife and a multitool ! What a novelty…!

I really had for some time the feeling of going under a light depression... about items i had in the mail, but still not delivered.
    Finally and for a good sake (average waiting time: about 20 days...) an holy man (the postman) rang at my bell yesterday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enlan M07 – First look.
    Won an auction (where is clear) at ten bucks shipped to Italy (!). Come in a opening blister pack; nothing fancy but functional, especially for itl shippings.
    The knife trademark is largely diffused and commonly known. I have noticed that this cheap liner lock and its brothers have quite a lot of fans here in the Forums.

However, i will make a brief summary of the characteristics.
    One-hand ambidextrous thumb-studs opening, deep hollow ground drop point blade, machined G10 handle scales.
    Blade 2,71” of 8Cr13MoV stainless steel, hardened at 56-58 HRC.
    Handle with dual steel liner, tip down carry clip not ambidextrous.
    Lenght closed 3,78”, total lenght opened 6,53”, weight 2,54 oz.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1st impression: not my first Enlan at all (and i’ve got other two different models, an M710 and an M011, in the mail), but every time they fill me more and more surprised by good quality/price ratio of the items of this brand. Solid construction, average good materials (a little bit thicker G10 scales would have been welcome).
    The blade is really well frame-centered (i would say impressive considering other cheap similar priced items) and comes razor sharpened; hair grooming and paper cut trials easily passed.
    The opening action - OHO also with a minimum practice - is solid but easy and smooth, the blade shifts from inside liners on a brass washer. Shame about the clip, that is not ambidextrous (but since I hate clips, and being left-handed, this is not a big issue for me).
    This knife has imho very little to envy to a low-line Spydy or similar actually "China made".
    Worth every cent of the few dollars to have it.
    No fancy about long lasting or high-end finishing&materials, but if lost or get confiscated… well, ten more bucks and you’ll have a brand new one.
    Gonna have some more to stock or donate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Leatherman Kick – First look.
    Bought it as “used”, but I would say it’s more as new; actually discontinued from LM, this one is dated 12/10.
    Contoured handles, some visible signs but not of bad use or wear; all tools are in great conditions.No signs of stain or rust at all.
    Pliers seem to have been never used, perfectly aligned tips and wire cutters.
    One of the knurled heads has a threaded hole to accept the optional pocket clip attachment. (Don’t need it and don’t want it, but i wish to find an inner screw to fill the hole. Gonna try this w.e., looking among the 1.500.000.000 screws i’ve got in my shop. I definitely will not for sure find a suitable one...).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1st impression: i love the lightness of this MT. Honestly don’t like much the handle’s contour material, it’s a plastic (resin ?) not very pleasant at the touch, but ensures a good grip. The tool's blocking system seems to work quite well, I have some doubts only about plying in a “safety way” the short ones. Probably is only a matter of practice. The wire stripper at the base of the bottle/can opener is imho a good idea (I think no more replicated in subsequent LM models, but I’m not a LM expert, I simply use and love these tools).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now the next step is to try to see if this Kick can lay down in my tool’s Skinth, taking the place of the Juice in it… but i think this is quite impossibile: my XL Skinth risk to explode even now…

Got a “project” of something like a “gentleman’s set” (but don’t feel myself much gentle, sometime), in which I would see well this item. I have to think a little longer about this argument.
    (Edit note mostly for myself: knife, lighter, keychain, minimalized dangler, flashlight, wallet… already found and perfect, now. So Nick stay cool, sit down and think).

Pics of the actual Leatherman family’s reunion, waiting for the other brothers come to join.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got in the mail an used LM PST black oxide (that need some restore action much more than this Kick, i think) and (if the trade goes well as i strongly hope) a Wave (lost my last one… i need absolutely another Wave !).

Finally, found yesterday after worktime this little "Lady" upon the motor bonnet of my car.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see from the 2nd pic i let her walk away toward the grass... never offend a lady.
    ATB
    Nick

Last edited by Nick4305, Oct 10, 2013
  4. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

Awesome pictures and reviews, Nick!
    And the mantis pics were a nice bonus.... :D

5. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

She was really aggressive (as all women are able to... but don't say this out of here, please !) :D

6. SurvivePenna
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

SurvivePenna EDC Junkie!!!!!

+1 on the reviews. Wonderful pictures as always, Nick !! :)

7. Dr. Bahn

Dr. Bahn Loaded Pockets

Nice pics, Nick! Love the mantis. It is a very cool insect. :cool:

8. warchild
    • Memoria in Aeterna
    • In Omnia Paratus

warchild Eternal Pockets

Thanks for the gear review Nick! The New knife is really nice and the multi tool are first rate. I must say the Enlan series are more and more interesting as time goes on..
    I love to see Mantis Pictures out of all the Insects out there they are my favorites!
    Have a Great Day!!

9. Dr. Bahn

Dr. Bahn Loaded Pockets

Pics of the BO PST, please. :D Mine is still on its way over the big ocean...

S_Serpent and Nick4305 like this.
  10. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Thanks my friend.
    Hope you'll have (or had... i'm quite confused at this hour this side... can't fix the fuse...) a nice day me too! :)

11. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

That's my promise, Dr.B.

12. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Update: Oct, 11th 2013.

Some old leather goods.

I have to dig deeply in my workshop trying to find lot of other stuff like these that i didn't see for years...
    These for the moment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. microbe

microbe EDC Junkie!!!!!

Nice Leatherman multi collection Nick.

GiraffeHooves, S_Serpent and Nick4305 like this.
  14. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Thanks microbe,
    trying to grow up, hoping not to fall in Alox/Pox inf... you know... ;)

15. Dr. Bahn

Dr. Bahn Loaded Pockets

Resistance is futile! :frantic:

16. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Still resisting, at least 'til now... i have to say, even if not asked, that "if" i think my first step choice could be a black Alox Solo, or a Cadet in black, or a black Alox Rambler... that's why i appreciate microbe's postings... but i'm not infected... not infected... i'm no...

17. microbe

microbe EDC Junkie!!!!!

I may have a black Alox Solo to spare shortly?

18. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I did probably say something too much about Alox... i knew it was dangerous... mumble... mumble... how can i say "no" to a fellow that says to have a "spare" Alox Solo... black ... how did i put myself into this nowayout hole... again, and again...:banghead:

19. Dr. Bahn

Dr. Bahn Loaded Pockets

Just take it and be happy that he didn´t offer you a Sebenza. :D

S_Serpent, scbubba and Nick4305 like this.
  20. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

OMG, please, i've got one ! And one is enough (said to my wife a moment ago...)