1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Nice small tritium key marker?

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by barrett50, Dec 8, 2014.

1. barrett50

barrett50 Loaded Pockets

Does anyone have a recommendation for a small keychain tritium fob?
    I'd like to keep the cost down so please avoid $40+ fancy titanium ones.
    What colour is commonly the brightest?
    I would also like for it to be as slim and light as possible.. hopefully this doesn't eliminate all the options..
    If it helps, I'm in Australia so shipping can be a big cost issue..
    Cheers.

Last edited by barrett50, Dec 8, 2014
  2. Mwing

Mwing Empty Pockets

tec isotope

3. barrett50

barrett50 Loaded Pockets

They look great and are priced well except I need to find a vial seperately.. will definitely consider!

4. barrett50

barrett50 Loaded Pockets

Does anyone have experience with the Betalight Kit Markers? I was thinking of getting the smallest sized one in green..
    [​IMG]

5. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

Not sure about betalight, but I have purchased the Nite glow rings off ebay for about $15 and they have been great.

6. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

I have that smallest version on my key to my wife's car. I found 'em at a gunshow, & the guy had 2 that he couldn't give away. Said I was the only person who ever recognized 'em. Paid I think about $5 for it. It's tiny. I used to use it for a internal zipper locator inside my jungle hammock, but I don't get to camp enough nowadays, so I relocated it to her keys. It's pretty robust for some kind of plastic, but it's not bright at all! I'd definitely second the tec isofob! I'm actually saving up to replace it with a high end lantern after the first of the year. I've actually got a recent pic with a tec isofob, a tritium marlinspike (from the forum store) and the beta kit marker all in the same shot, that shows just how dim it is. It's such a minute amount of tritium, it just doesn't give off much light.
    [​IMG]
    Big green is tec isofob, blue is tritium marlin spike, and small green is beta marker.
    [​IMG]
    Left to right: my ignition key with tec isofob, my main keys with marlin spike, and her ignition key with beta marker.

7. barrett50

barrett50 Loaded Pockets

I had a look at those, they seem good although quite large perhaps. Will cost about $24 for me, definitely a consideration

8. barrett50

barrett50 Loaded Pockets

Very helpful! Sometimes I wish I was an American for those gun/knife show conventions, seems like a great place to pick up all sorts of items at good prices. It's a big disappointment that the betalight is so dim.. the isofobs look great but would cost me quite a bit to get the isofob and tritium vial, plus I don't even know where to find the vial.. I'll keep browsing and maybe I'll find a good price
    Edit: I have found some vials on etsy for $25 delivered, assuming I can find the Isotope I'm looking at about $55 for both pieces.. quite expensive

Bowman1911 likes this.
  9. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

These are the size of the nite trit tags beside a small Victorinox classic so they are not real big though.

[​IMG][/URL]

Bowman1911 likes this.
  10. barrett50

barrett50 Loaded Pockets

Oooh very pretty :D Seriously considering one of those now!
    The next question is, clear or coloured plastic?

Bowman1911 likes this.
  11. TECENG
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer
    • In Omnia Paratus

TECENG Loaded Pockets

Jon will be getting the new Isotope fobs in the forum store soon. They accept a 3mm x 11mm tritium vial. Same diameter as the standard Isotope but half the length. It's a more cost effective tritium vial. I cannot control what Jon will charge, but MSRP is around $14.50 for the housing. The tritium vial will run about $10 - $11 I think plus shipping.

Regarding tritium, check Merkava on CPF. He has limited quantities of the 11mm long vials but is expecting a large shipment soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bowman1911 and vegassprky like this.
  12. barrett50

barrett50 Loaded Pockets

Thanks a lot, I'll be checking that out for sure.

vegassprky likes this.
  13. Mwing

Mwing Empty Pockets

merkava on cpf actually selling the isotope with tritium of any color for less, and hes located in singapore so its closer to you i think op

Bowman1911 likes this.
  14. barrett50

barrett50 Loaded Pockets

Cheers, just had a look and I'm presented with yet another option :)
    So how justified do you think they are for the price? Not just isotopes but tritium keychains in general?

Bowman1911 likes this.
  15. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

Mwing sent you in the right direction. Merkava over @cpf is your best option at this point. As for the glowrings, I've used both clear & colored. Clear is the better choice of the 2, but I bought a bunch of them years ago, & up until recently never had any problem out of them. Even had my keys hit asphalt after tossing them to my wife about 50 feet, & the vial didn't break. then, about 4 months ago, I found 1 on my keys that had broken after a simple drop to the floor. The plastic housing didn't break, but the vial inside sure did. Merkava over on cpf sells these too, it just depends on what you end up picking.

He's got style, a groovy smile, and a bod that just don't stop...

16. sbillard

sbillard Loaded Pockets

Traser makes some tritium keychains that weight almost nothing, pretty nice, and affordable. I don't know if they can be found easily in Australia, but they can be found in UK.

17. braswes

braswes Loaded Pockets

another source for vials (and fobs) is mixglo -- mixglo.com. I have twice purchased vials here (for TEC Isotope fobs) and have been completely satisfied.